Garmin nüvi 3790

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Garmin Nuvi3790 SG/MY

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:31 pm

yc1437 wrote:Hi plan to buy a 3790, can we have Q&A or step by step installation/preparation guide to use MFM map on 3790?

Thanks in advance.

YC

Bro yc1437, suggest you start off the first 2 pages of this thread on how and what to do to get MFM map to work in your 3790 unit.

coolerbok
Valued Contributor

Postby coolerbok » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:29 am

This is a strange one........

Used the 3790 in a friend's car on battery power without the cradle & charger. When I powered down, the battery was at 75%. (Powered down by holding power button & selecting power off) After that, it would not start up no matter what I did - press power, press & hold power, put in desktop charger cradle, connect to computer.

I had just about given up and left it in the desktop cradle for about 3 mins and it booted upon its own! Checked power level and it was at 75%. Has anyone experienced this? Some comments left on reviews in the net say this has happened to them before. It seems to be functioning normally since then.

Confidence a little affected, so I went to Perfect Watch to buy an Oregon 450 as a back up to the 3790. Don't want to be stuck when overseas. Vista HCx now in cold storage.

Cheers.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:40 am

Only time that happen to me was a flat battery. Other than that never happen to me. This kind of problem is hard to troubleshoot to pin-point. Could be a contact problem or a firmware glitch which a fresh update could solve ?

azizazri

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 101129

Postby azizazri » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

I'm new here and please forgive me if I post this at a wrong place.

Just bought a new Garmin Nuvi 3790 and managed to install the map 101129 this morning using mapsource.
But I notice the map viewed in 3790 has very much less detail than the one viewed in the mapsource (please see attachment for the comparison of the views).

Map detail has been set to More (Tools -> Settings -> Navigation -> Car -> Map Detail).
I have no idea what else to tweak or change. Would greatly appreciate any help and advice from you.

Please help. Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

silverbeauty

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 101129

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:11 pm

azizazri wrote:Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

I'm new here and please forgive me if I post this at a wrong place.

Just bought a new Garmin Nuvi 3790 and managed to install the map 101129 this morning using mapsource.
But I notice the map viewed in 3790 has very much less detail than the one viewed in the mapsource (please see attachment for the comparison of the views).

Map detail has been set to More (Tools -> Settings -> Navigation -> Car -> Map Detail).
I have no idea what else to tweak or change. Would greatly appreciate any help and advice from you.

Please help. Thanks.

Bro azizzazri, please do not post questions in the download thread. I have moved your post to relevant thread.

As to your question, Yes MFM has problem displaying POI due to compatibility of third party compiler.

azizazri

Postby azizazri » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:20 am

Thanks silverbeauty for the advice.

Now, I've just noticed the map MFM 101129 that was installed in 3790 has no roads shown in the state of Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang, and Melaka. Othe states including South Thailand and S'pore no problems - roads are shown on the map.

How to make the roads appear? Appreciate kind help and advice from you guys. Thanks!

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:52 am

azizazri wrote:Thanks silverbeauty for the advice.

Now, I've just noticed the map MFM 101129 that was installed in 3790 has no roads shown in the state of Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang, and Melaka. Othe states including South Thailand and S'pore no problems - roads are shown on the map.

How to make the roads appear? Appreciate kind help and advice from you guys. Thanks!

When generating map via the installer, select remove polygons.

azizazri

Postby azizazri » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:49 pm

Thanks so much bro silverbeuty, now I can see the roads after removing the polygons as advised by you!!

But, now I have a new problem - when I want to search for address (Where to? ->Address), a pop up window appears with a msg: No Map Data available.

Why is it so? I never encountered this problem before.

FYI, I deleted all the polygons and the topo maps.

Please help, thanks a lot.

rohiza23

Postby rohiza23 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:58 pm

did you have follow as kaplex mention in viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8890&start=154

azizazri

Postby azizazri » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:32 pm

Dear rohiza23,

I didn't follow as it sound too complicated for me to grasp :(....
But this I have noticed:
1. If all polygons are included, then I will have the Address but NO roads for Kel/Trg/Phg and Melaka.
2. If Kel/Trg/Phg and Melaka polygons are excluded, then I have all the roads but NO address (No Map Data Available) .

I prefer the latter.....

Return to “GPS Devices”