Garmin Nuvi 2465

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
skylab
Location: Shah Alam Nuvi 2465 (Nuvi 1490T-Retired) Nuvi 255W (retired) Nuvi 205W (retired)

Re: Garmin Nuvi 2465

Postby skylab » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:16 pm

Hello, I just bought the Nuvi2465 for RM515 3 hours ago from Superbuy. It is a company who runs Lelong.com.my. They sell an AECO unit. I think I can assure you that they are reliable. Their staff Alini is friendly and helpful. Value for money too buying from Superbuy. You can select your Nuvi via Superbuy, choose Self Collect and Pay by Cash if you prefer buying over the counter.

ajakblackgoat wrote:thanks tiensheng and maniphone for the heads up... however i found this site selling at rm515... is it reliable?

http://www.superbuy.my/shop/p-68822-garmin-nuvi-2465-sgmy.aspx

i'm more comfortable buying over the counter instead of online tho. has anyone bought from mygpstalk shop at bandar mahkota cheras? they are selling at rm639.

thanks

skylab
Location: Shah Alam Nuvi 2465 (Nuvi 1490T-Retired) Nuvi 255W (retired) Nuvi 205W (retired)

Postby skylab » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:34 am

Hello Bro tympg

Thanks for the information. Really appreciate it. Now my MFM map works like charm!!

tympg wrote:
AhBao9388 wrote:is it possible to place 3 maps etc mfm; msm; garmin in there. it seems that i can only place 2 at any one time.

I am using MfM map in the SD card (under map folder). Of course the MSM and Mal/Sin City Navigator are in the internal memory but I have not ticked them. I also have Thailand City Navigator on my SD card (same folder as MfM) but also not ticked. No problem so far.
Last edited by skylab on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stivff

Postby stivff » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:38 pm

Hi all,

Just got myself an 2465 & the MFM doesn't seems working even after excluded the polygons. Some roads & POI is missing when i do side by side comparison with my old 205W.

Questions:-

1. Can i 'tick' MSN & MFM maps & use them together while navigating? Will have problems?
2. If cannot use both Maps together, can i use MSM's Map & use MFM's POIs? Will they show?

Really not used to MSM, all the while being navi using MFM!
Thanks in advance.

Regards,

stivff

:rox:

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:55 pm

stivff wrote:Hi all,

Just got myself an 2465 & the MFM doesn't seems working even after excluded the polygons. Some roads & POI is missing when i do side by side comparison with my old 205W.

Questions:-

1. Can i 'tick' MSN & MFM maps & use them together while navigating? Will have problems?
2. If cannot use both Maps together, can i use MSM's Map & use MFM's POIs? Will they show?

Really not used to MSM, all the while being navi using MFM!
Thanks in advance.

Regards,

stivff

If you got a localized 2465, you can use MFM to search for POI. When you are successful in finding the POI, it will show in "Recently Found". Switch from MFM to Garmin NT or MSM NT. Then go to recently found and click on the POI. You can navigate using Garmin NT or MSM NT

stivff

Postby stivff » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:32 pm

Hi SilverBeauty,

Thanks for the reply. Yes my 2465 is local set, Does overseas' set can use MFM with no problem? maybe i should consider that. :-k

When you said 'Garmin NT' or 'MFM NT' i didn't know MFM also got NT map? Let me search within the forum, thanks for the info!

If MFM NT does exist, why can't i use MFM NT straight away?

* Does this means we couldn't let both map (MFM & MSM) running at the same time?

Regards,

Stivff

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:29 pm

stivff wrote:Hi SilverBeauty,

Thanks for the reply. Yes my 2465 is local set, Does overseas' set can use MFM with no problem? maybe i should consider that. :-k

When you said 'Garmin NT' or 'MFM NT' i didn't know MFM also got NT map? Let me search within the forum, thanks for the info!

If MFM NT does exist, why can't i use MFM NT straight away?

* Does this means we couldn't let both map (MFM & MSM) running at the same time?

Regards,

Stivff

:oops: :oops: :oops: My apologies for the confusion, it should be the preloaded maps of your localized 2565 are Garmin NT and MSM NT

You CANNOT use maps of same country at the same time. Use only one map at one time.

stivff

Postby stivff » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:33 pm

Hi SilverBeauty,

Thanks for the reply.

Very sad cannot use MFM as main now. #-o

Will MFM looking into this? as i understand that now all new Garmin devices will stick to this new 'firmware'?

Thanks,

stivff

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:32 pm

stivff wrote:Hi SilverBeauty,

Thanks for the reply.

Very sad cannot use MFM as main now. #-o

Will MFM looking into this? as i understand that now all new Garmin devices will stick to this new 'firmware'?

Thanks,

stivff

Just look at merits of yr Nuvi, Garmin NT map, though not as updated as MFM does have the bells n whistles is.. Junction view, lane assist, traffic, all POI shows .... It is still good for everyday navigation.

stivff

Postby stivff » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:23 pm

No choice but have to live with it. :ko:

Anyway, thanks for all the feedback. :thumbsup:

marygoroundmusic

Postby marygoroundmusic » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi guys... just bought a new Nuvi 2465 last Monday, Wnt to confirm with sifu here...

i did categorize all my favorite such as... Family & Friend, Shopping, Landmark....

When i click on WHERE TO >> FAVORITE

all the favourite in Nuvi 2465 is not archive in their specified category, all favorite dump into 1 list of favorite even though i assigned a category.

Compare to my Nuvi 1350, When i click on WHERE TO >> FAVORITE

i can see list of CATEGORY, click on the category then only can see all the favorite belong to that category....

How can a achieve this in Nuvi 2465

Return to “GPS Devices”