Nuvi 765

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
Groovy

Re: Nuvi 765

Postby Groovy » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:16 pm

For my unit bought in US, where can I get JCV file to run MFM or MSM? Also where can I get update on the 3-D buildings feature?

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Nuvi 765

Postby silverbeauty » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:25 pm

Groovy wrote:For my unit bought in US, where can I get JCV file to run MFM or MSM? Also where can I get update on the 3-D buildings feature?

Cannot as only localized unit will have JCV feature.

On localized units, update via www.garmin.com.sg will also result in update in 3D buildings if available.

Shaharuddin

Is Junction View Function Available in Garmin Nuvi 765

Postby Shaharuddin » Sun May 01, 2011 3:45 pm

Dear Seniors

Is the Junction View function available in MfM if I use Garmin. My unit model is Nuvi 765T. Any feedback is sincerely appreciated. :D

Please read the post above yours for your answer / SB

Shaharuddin

Nuvi 765 : Is Junction View (JV) available in MfM

Postby Shaharuddin » Tue May 03, 2011 10:43 pm

Dear Seniors..the other day I saw my friend's Papago 6100. I knew it had Mfm maps loaded and I saw the beautiful JV. My unit is Nuvi 765 and it is preloaded with MfM and Malsingmaps. When I was using the unit when I was first bought it somewhere early last year and I was using MfM, the JV function did not operate. I had resorted to using Malsingmaps because the JV function operates. I wish to know if JV function in MfM can also operate in Nuvi 765. I actually prefers MfM because it's Maps are frequently updated as oppossed to Malsingmaps which Garmin will update quarterly but I am a lousy road user who is very dependant on lane assist and junction view. Even then I still got lost! Any tips is most welcomed and appreciated. No offence is intended and I don't mean to make any comparison between Mfm and Malsingmaps. I just want to make an 'informed' decision.. :|

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Re: Nuvi 765 : Is Junction View (JV) available in MfM

Postby keong8260 » Tue May 03, 2011 11:48 pm

Shaharuddin wrote:Dear Seniors..the other day I saw my friend's Papago 6100. I knew it had Mfm maps loaded and I saw the beautiful JV. My unit is Nuvi 765 and it is preloaded with MfM and Malsingmaps. When I was using the unit when I was first bought it somewhere early last year and I was using MfM, the JV function did not operate. I had resorted to using Malsingmaps because the JV function operates. I wish to know if JV function in MfM can also operate in Nuvi 765. I actually prefers MfM because it's Maps are frequently updated as oppossed to Malsingmaps which Garmin will update quarterly but I am a lousy road user who is very dependant on lane assist and junction view. Even then I still got lost! Any tips is most welcomed and appreciated. No offence is intended and I don't mean to make any comparison between Mfm and Malsingmaps. I just want to make an 'informed' decision.. :|

At the moment, MFM-Garmin map does not support JCV (yet)... only MFM-Papago at the moment. :thumbsup:

Inggo
Contributor
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED

Postby Inggo » Wed May 04, 2011 7:39 am

keong8260 wrote:
Shaharuddin wrote:Dear Seniors..the other day I saw my friend's Papago 6100. I knew it had Mfm maps loaded and I saw the beautiful JV. My unit is Nuvi 765 and it is preloaded with MfM and Malsingmaps. When I was using the unit when I was first bought it somewhere early last year and I was using MfM, the JV function did not operate. I had resorted to using Malsingmaps because the JV function operates. I wish to know if JV function in MfM can also operate in Nuvi 765. I actually prefers MfM because it's Maps are frequently updated as oppossed to Malsingmaps which Garmin will update quarterly but I am a lousy road user who is very dependant on lane assist and junction view. Even then I still got lost! Any tips is most welcomed and appreciated. No offence is intended and I don't mean to make any comparison between Mfm and Malsingmaps. I just want to make an 'informed' decision.. :|

At the moment, MFM-Garmin map does not support JCV (yet)... only MFM-Papago at the moment. :thumbsup:

But, you can get JCV using mfm map by tricky with msm JCV...
download both of mfm map & msm map.. then try this guy's trick:

viewtopic.php?p=136039#p136039

read & follow these thread to get JCV trick :thumbsup:
...maybe the -m'force'm- will be with you, always.. :peace:
:mrgreen: Skywalker

zuree
Valued Contributor

Postby zuree » Wed May 04, 2011 10:13 am

Inggo wrote:
keong8260 wrote:

But, you can get JCV using mfm map by tricky with msm JCV...
download both of mfm map & msm map.. then try this guy's trick:

viewtopic.php?p=136039#p136039

read & follow these thread to get JCV trick :thumbsup:

ni nanti akan dikenakan tuduhan cetak rompak :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Inggo
Contributor
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED

Postby Inggo » Wed May 04, 2011 12:25 pm

zuree wrote:ni nanti akan dikenakan tuduhan cetak rompak :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

no body accused, they using BOTH.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

just utilize the advantages of each free map..
mfm -> more detailed map
msm -> have jcv
and both map is free for anybody

only genius user who could be do this smart thing.. :thumbsup:
...maybe the -m'force'm- will be with you, always.. :peace:
:mrgreen: Skywalker

Shaharuddin

Postby Shaharuddin » Wed May 04, 2011 12:40 pm

Thanks all..for your kind reply...if not bcoz of the JCV I would die for MfM...but bcoz I am a lousy traveller I have to be satisfied with MSM at the moment...hopefully MfM will sign pact with Garmin soon..I jez luv it when I see it in Papago..tapi nak cuba trick itu saya tak berani sebab saya bukan genius mah...nanti hilang semua lagi problem lor... :tq:

Return to “GPS Devices”