Garmin Nuvi 1450 / 1460

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
Andy0625

Re: Garmin Nuvi 1450 / 1460

Postby Andy0625 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:15 pm

Anyone know how does this Garmin Nuvi 2465 compares with 1460? I'm using Garmin Mobile XT on my E71 all these while and recently I was given 200w from my siblings as they upgraded to 1460. After seeing how the 1460 performs, I'm totally buy with that GPS. Since 200W might or might not perform better than my Mobile XT, I'm pretty keen to see what other affordable GPS I can get that lock fast with great accuracy.

Hope you guys can share some light.

Please do not double post. Your other post has been deleted /SB

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:41 pm

Andy0625 wrote:Anyone know how does this Garmin Nuvi 2465 compares with 1460? I'm using Garmin Mobile XT on my E71 all these while and recently I was given 200w from my siblings as they upgraded to 1460. After seeing how the 1460 performs, I'm totally buy with that GPS. Since 200W might or might not perform better than my Mobile XT, I'm pretty keen to see what other affordable GPS I can get that lock fast with great accuracy.

Hope you guys can share some light.

Go to this link and check the box on model of interest for a comparison of feature. US model differs slightly from sets here but not much other than preloaded maps and JCV features .... https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134

Immortal25

Postby Immortal25 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:46 pm

Hi ppls...few questions regarding nuvi 1460...

1. Is it possible to export the favourites and then import them to another gps or back to the same unit?

2. Is it possible to route between two countries from two different maps? Obviously most MSM and MFM have Malaysia and Singapore in 1 file but how about if I want to route Malaysia to Thailand for example? The problem is that we can only have 1 map in the folder at a time right? Or can we just change the filename and thus, have 2 maps?

3. Why does my nuvi 1460 hang or crash whenever I zoom out to the global map? Or when I route a distance of >400-700km...example KL to Singapore or Penang to Singapore and then zoom out just to see the distance for fun, it hangs and turns off. This happening to anyone else?

Thanks guys!

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:53 am

Immortal25 wrote:Hi ppls...few questions regarding nuvi 1460...

1. Is it possible to export the favourites and then import them to another gps or back to the same unit?
Yes. But tale not Nuvi will clone any existing POI that has changes made in Mapsource.

2. Is it possible to route between two countries from two different maps? Obviously most MSM and MFM have Malaysia and Singapore in 1 file but how about if I want to route Malaysia to Thailand for example? The problem is that we can only have 1 map in the folder at a time right? Or can we just change the filename and thus, have 2 maps?
No. Nuvi works on one map at one time. You can create a POI closest to border opposite to each other ( one in each country). Route to this, switch map and route from there. Alternative is to merge map

3. Why does my nuvi 1460 hang or crash whenever I zoom out to the global map? Or when I route a distance of >400-700km...example KL to Singapore or Penang to Singapore and then zoom out just to see the distance for fun, it hangs and turns off. This happening to anyone else?
Which map is this happening on ? Possibility you are running low on memory :-k Move maps from main memory to SD card and see if this helps.
Thanks guys!

andrewkb

Postby andrewkb » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:02 am

When I use CityNavigator and select a POI,e.g. Suntec, I will never get Suntec city.

When I use MalSingMap or MalFreeMap, I can easily find Suntec.

Are the CityNavigator POIs not comprehensive ?

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:18 am

andrewkb wrote:When I use CityNavigator and select a POI,e.g. Suntec, I will never get Suntec city.

Which version Garmin NT are you on ?

I used Garmin NT2010.4 to search and it can find Suntec.
Listed as Suntec City Mall - Temasek Blvd
MainMenu - WhereTo - POI - Shopping - All Shopping - Full Search

Immortal25

Postby Immortal25 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:10 pm

silverbeauty wrote:
Yes. But tale not Nuvi will clone any existing POI that has changes made in Mapsource.
*Hmm...I don't quite understand this one? How do I export them?

No. Nuvi works on one map at one time. You can create a POI closest to border opposite to each other ( one in each country). Route to this, switch map and route from there. Alternative is to merge map
*But is it possible to have 2 map files in the same folder but only one is selected in the garmin unit? Meaning keep the 2 files in the folder but then when I want to access a particular country I just change deselect current and select the next? As the maps aren't usually very big and the sd card is about 2GB...would be an inconvenience to carry any cards just for the countries.

Which map is this happening on ? Possibility you are running low on memory :-k Move maps from main memory to SD card and see if this helps.
*I am using the sd card. Yes it does appear to give a symptom of low memory which is weird :-k I am using the mfm maps...it's been happening to a few versions so I doubt it's the map prob.
Thanks guys!

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:30 am

Immortal25 wrote:
silverbeauty wrote:
Yes. But take note Nuvi will clone any existing POI that has changes made in Mapsource.
*Hmm...I don't quite understand this one? How do I export them?
I was talking about transferring favourites into Garmin Mapsource and then into new GPS. Another way is to hook Nuvi into PC/Lappy. Copy file current.gpx from MainMemory /gpx directory into new GPS

*But is it possible to have 2 map files in the same folder but only one is selected in the garmin unit? Meaning keep the 2 files in the folder but then when I want to access a particular country I just change deselect current and select the next? As the maps aren't usually very big and the sd card is about 2GB...would be an inconvenience to carry any cards just for the countries.
Yes you can.

*I am using the sd card. Yes it does appear to give a symptom of low memory which is weird :-k I am using the mfm maps...it's been happening to a few versions so I doubt it's the map prob.
Thanks guys!

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:34 am

Immortal25 wrote:*I am using the sd card. Yes it does appear to give a symptom of low memory which is weird :-k I am using the mfm maps...it's been happening to a few versions so I doubt it's the map prob.
Thanks guys!
When you generated the gmapsupp.img, did you select to omit colour polygons? Not only do they cause lag, they are also very demanding on memory to display.
Lean not on your own understanding

andrewkb

Postby andrewkb » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:12 am

silverbeauty wrote:
andrewkb wrote:When I use CityNavigator and select a POI,e.g. Suntec, I will never get Suntec city.

Which version Garmin NT are you on ?

I used Garmin NT2010.4 to search and it can find Suntec.
Listed as Suntec City Mall - Temasek Blvd
MainMenu - WhereTo - POI - Shopping - All Shopping - Full Search

Thanks, I'm using 2011.10
Am a bit lazy, so I always MainMenu - WhereTo - All POI rather than Shopping.
MFM works with All POI for any keyword search, but not on CityNavigator ...

Return to “GPS Devices”