Nuvi 765

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
azlanxp

Re: Nuvi 765 Sing/Mal version

Postby azlanxp » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:16 pm

if i wanna buy at shop,
how to recognize between US and Mal/sing version?
because some shop lie to us to make their item sold...

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:24 pm

azlanxp wrote:if i wanna buy at shop,
how to recognize between US and Mal/sing version?
because some shop lie to us to make their item sold...

Nuvi 765 Sg/My retail box should state this info:

And make sure, Serial number on unit and box (not bar code) are the same.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

azlanxp

Postby azlanxp » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:32 pm

tq very much :tq:

thanks is very good info for me when i want buy this unit later...
the price is quite good now
only RM1400 for this version

bahathir

Postby bahathir » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:38 pm

Thanks to a friend here who willing to give the gmap3d.img to me, and tried it with 755T US/EU + v2.50 TWN.
Before that, I renamed it to gmap3d1.img, so it will not overwrite my US 3D map file :)

Result.:
Map: MFM v1.63.
Yes!!, the 3D buildings are there....

A good thing about v2.50 TWN is, there is a current roadname displayed on top of the menu button, which is absent from 765 malsing firmware version 2.00. I think Garmin did not use the latest taiwan firmware for malsing sw.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--
Garmin nüvi® 755T (v2.80 TWN)

ianazlan

Postby ianazlan » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:16 am

Wow..Seems that i miss all the fun here....Now that i cannot power up my unit...till then cannot test it on my 755.... :cry:

Zeus73

Postby Zeus73 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:06 am

ianazlan wrote:Wow..Seems that i miss all the fun here....Now that i cannot power up my unit...till then cannot test it on my 755.... :cry:

Is your unit from US???
Question: Why does my nüvi 7x5 series unit not power on?

Answer: It has come to our attention that firmware version 3.4 for the Garmin nüvi 7x5 series has an error that is causing the device to perform an unprompted GPS software update and then shut down. Garmin is aware of this issue and we are working diligently on a solution. We know our customers rely upon their GPS device and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Developing quality products always has been and continues to be a priority at Garmin. For regular updates about this issue, please revist this article at http://www.garmin.com/support.

ianazlan

Postby ianazlan » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:52 am

Zeus73 wrote:
ianazlan wrote:Wow..Seems that i miss all the fun here....Now that i cannot power up my unit...till then cannot test it on my 755.... :cry:

Is your unit from US???
Question: Why does my nüvi 7x5 series unit not power on?

Answer: It has come to our attention that firmware version 3.4 for the Garmin nüvi 7x5 series has an error that is causing the device to perform an unprompted GPS software update and then shut down. Garmin is aware of this issue and we are working diligently on a solution. We know our customers rely upon their GPS device and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Developing quality products always has been and continues to be a priority at Garmin. For regular updates about this issue, please revist this article at http://www.garmin.com/support.

Yup...mine is US version

carlover

Postby carlover » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:40 pm

I guess there is no update yet for local set of 765 (SG/MY), I did a online update and no new firmware available and my firmware is Version 2.0.
Currently Using : Garmin NUVI 3560LM with Live Traffic FM Receiver

bahathir

Postby bahathir » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:44 pm

I think and hope, Malsing and Taiwan 765 might not be affected by the problem.

My 755T with v2.50 TWN still healthy, and hope it will healthy for many years to come..

Mmmm.. like A(H1N1) pandemic infections :) heh heh eh he he..
--
Garmin nüvi® 755T (v2.80 TWN)

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:55 pm

carlover wrote:I guess there is no update yet for local set of 765 (SG/MY), I did a online update and no new firmware available and my firmware is Version 2.0.

For Sg/My localized units, always get firmware updates from here: http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/s ... wareUpdate (currently no update for 765).
For Sg/My localized units, it's not recommended to use Webupdater. There were cases of bricked Nuvis when performing the update.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

Return to “GPS Devices”