Nuvi 765

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
uncle wong
Regional Mapper
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Selangor - Johor I did not have a GPS device

Re: Nuvi 765 Sing/Mal version

Postby uncle wong » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:44 pm

duckstormz wrote:
malmad wrote:I have installed malfreemaps version 1.68 to my nuvi 765 sing/mal version. Now can view more custom POI likes traffic lights. Then today I also realize that I can also view 3D building using malfreemaps in 3D mode :) .

Weird..I m using MFM1.73 but why i cant see the traffic light icons? I m having a localised unit wif 2.10 firmware

Taiwan & US version firmware can not display custom poi .
Sing/Mal & China version firmware can display custom poi ( display few only cuz the auto zoom function )
Last edited by uncle wong on Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoy the GPS’s life!

AASVOGEL

Postby AASVOGEL » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:27 pm

Guys, i am a Nuvi 765 user, after i install the MFMv1.73, ya, some of the POI like traffic or bank (but no mention the bank name), 3D building still there, but i feel the map is still the same, the map have no change, can some one teach me how to put the map inside GPS? ( The reason i feel the map no change is because the original nuvi765 map is very old version, my fren is nuvi205w after install MFMv1.73 have the different map compare to my nuvi765) Pls help me this newb :cry:

uncle wong
Regional Mapper
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Selangor - Johor I did not have a GPS device

Postby uncle wong » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:38 pm

AASVOGEL wrote:Guys, i am a Nuvi 765 user, after i install the MFMv1.73, ya, some of the POI like traffic or bank (but no mention the bank name), 3D building still there, but i feel the map is still the same, the map have no change, can some one teach me how to put the map inside GPS? ( The reason i feel the map no change is because the original nuvi765 map is very old version, my fren is nuvi205w after install MFMv1.73 have the different map compare to my nuvi765) Pls help me this newb :cry:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=662
Enjoy the GPS’s life!

AASVOGEL

Postby AASVOGEL » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:48 am

I already try to folow the intruction from "how to install guide", but the map i generate from MFMv1.73 can't show on my mapsource, it stated "the map is not a valid mapsource product" or " c:\garmin\malfreemaps was denied", my mapsource can't open mfmv1.73 map.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:26 am

AASVOGEL wrote:I already try to folow the intruction from "how to install guide", but the map i generate from MFMv1.73 can't show on my mapsource, it stated "the map is not a valid mapsource product" or " c:\garmin\malfreemaps was denied", my mapsource can't open mfmv1.73 map.

This indicates that Mapsource cannot read the install map. Either you got a corrupted copy or it got corrupted during installation. Do a Mapsource COMPLETE de-installation inclusive of cleaning the Windows Registry of Mapsource ( must be done else mapsource will load old files )

Re-install Mapsource from a fresh download as well as MFM1.73 from a different server.

Explorer 1

Postby Explorer 1 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:00 am

Hi,
May I know is there a way in the Nuvi 765 that we can switch off the back light to save batt if we are traveling on the highway for a few hours.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:23 am

Explorer 1 wrote:Hi,
May I know is there a way in the Nuvi 765 that we can switch off the back light to save batt if we are traveling on the highway for a few hours.

Nuvi is not known for its good battery life as it was designed for "in-car" navigation thus it is assumed that you will have continunous access to a power source to plug in the supplied car charger.

To turn off the backlight go to MAIN MENU - TOOLS - SETTINGS - DISPLAY - BRIGHTNESS - set to 0%

Explorer 1

Postby Explorer 1 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:56 pm

Thanks, But on my Nuvi 610 I have a function that will dim the light at a specific time you set (10 sec to 2mins). Anytime when it want you to make a turn it will light up again. As we know using the car charger will spoil the internal batt.

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:11 am

Explorer 1 wrote:Thanks, But on my Nuvi 610 I have a function that will dim the light at a specific time you set (10 sec to 2mins). Anytime when it want you to make a turn it will light up again. As we know using the car charger will spoil the internal batt.

The Garmin Nuvi 700 series uses a 3.7 volts 1250 mAh, Lithium Polymer. It has integrated BUILT-IN power management circuit to protect against over-voltage and under-voltage conditions and maximizes battery life between charges, minimizes charging times, and improves overall battery life.

Lithium-ion is a low maintenance battery with no memory effect and no scheduled cycling is required to prolong the battery's life.

Like all batteries, it will suffer from capacity deterioration, whether the battery is in use or not. Typical life is after two to three years.

moto123

Postby moto123 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:26 pm

im a nebie here n just bought the 765 n get rid of msm maps.. :) wonder if the junction vie orks with mfm..been travelling around kl but not much and havent seen any..btw..travelling on elite hiway to klia..ehy it didnt sho the toll exit points like in the promo? is this normal or i`ve screwed up the device..AND the lane assist..when ill i see the many arros when travelling? hehehe pls help

Return to “GPS Devices”