eTrex Series

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
Redstorm
Contributor

eTrex Series

Postby Redstorm » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:34 pm

Please post all discussions on the eTrex series (Legend, Legend HCx, Summit HC, Venture HC, Vista, Vista HCx, ) in this thead. Thank you.
Free beer tomorrow!ImageImage

snail-works
Valued Contributor

Re: eTrex Series

Postby snail-works » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:38 am

Hi, i'm using friend's Legend C now. Sometime i got accuracy at 10m, but i can't track the road properly. When i review my track log at computer, it shown like the attached file, all are the useless track (use MSM as base map here) :shock: :frus: :fire: waste my time! My setting is 1sec time interval here and i tracked by cycling.

Can somebody explain why this happen and advise me what should i do with the GPS unit.

Thanks.
Lost in contour lines, my waterfalls diary ~ www.waterfallquest.jimdo.com ~

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:44 am

snail-works wrote:Hi, i'm using friend's Legend C now. Sometime i got accuracy at 10m, but i can't track the road properly. When i review my track log at computer, it shown like the attached file, all are the useless track (use MSM as base map here) :shock: :frus: :fire: waste my time! My setting is 1sec time interval here and i tracked by cycling.

Can somebody explain why this happen and advise me what should i do with the GPS unit.

Thanks.

Suspect it's the nearby tall buildings causing a lot of reflected signals (multipath signals) to be received by your unit. I suppose you could try getting a re-radiating antenna, but then again it'll be a bit awkward to set it up with your GPSr on your bike.
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

snail-works
Valued Contributor

Postby snail-works » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:14 am

Hmm... i think it's time to save money for 60Csx or Vista Hcx already...
Lost in contour lines, my waterfalls diary ~ www.waterfallquest.jimdo.com ~

brahym
Valued Contributor

Postby brahym » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:46 am

how to add custom icon for vista?
de 9M2IBR

edgarchen
Valued Contributor

Postby edgarchen » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:27 am

We cannot include custom icons in the eTrex devices.
But the custom icons for custom poi, we can create them using Garmin POI Loader.
Everyone contribute a bit, eventually we can enjoy and benefit more in our navigation. :thumbsup:

yoladu
Valued Contributor

Postby yoladu » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:59 pm

snail-works wrote:Hi, i'm using friend's Legend C now. Sometime i got accuracy at 10m, but i can't track the road properly. When i review my track log at computer, it shown like the attached file, all are the useless track (use MSM as base map here) :shock: :frus: :fire: waste my time! My setting is 1sec time interval here and i tracked by cycling.

Thanks.

I think you did not enable "Follow Road' mode. This kind of logging is consistent with GPS drifting
Contribute exclusively to MFM. MSM don't get it !

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:04 pm

yoladu wrote:

Thanks.

I think you did not enable "Follow Road' mode. This kind of logging is consistent with GPS drifting

Why would you want to enable "Follow Road" mode? This mode is not useful for tracking as it results in tracks that merely follow existing roads.
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:29 pm

Bro snail-works, let me try with my eTrex HcX sometime this week on that stretch of AMK and see the results.

waypoint
Valued Contributor

Postby waypoint » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:37 pm

Don't forget to also set the track-log resolution to 1-point/sec or, if by distance, 0.00m.

BR,
w a y
http://twitter.com/waypoint12xl
"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
"I honestly don't care if you think I'm crazy. You're probably just a figment of my imagination anyway." - Unknown

Return to “GPS Devices”