Edge Series

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Edge Series

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:12 pm

reymund77 wrote:Bought a Edge 810XT in Singapore loaded with Sin + Malaysia map...

Any idea of a good thailand map I can use here? Planning to mount the edge on motorbike and ride up to Thailand / Hatyai this long weekend 8th Aug...your help is appreciated....downloaded Open Street Maps but not detailed enough and worry to use it cos can't find my hotel in Sadao and Hatyai with that map....

MfM maps has Hatyai in its map, though not very detail ...

Try Rotweiler's map at http://rotweilermaps.com/

kakachi

Postby kakachi » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:48 pm

Just got an Edge 1000 and I seem to be having uploading malfree maps on it. Error screen on loading maps upon start up. These maps work fine for 800 series.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:47 am

kakachi wrote:Just got an Edge 1000 and I seem to be having uploading malfree maps on it. Error screen on loading maps upon start up. These maps work fine for 800 series.

Can you post a screen shot of the error.

dsclaymr

Postby dsclaymr » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:32 pm

Dear all,
Noob to malfreemaps and I recently bought the edge 1000. I saw 1 of the maps in my device being a malfreemap, and came to this website.
May I know how do I 1. know if what I have in the device is the latest version and 2. to install the latest version?

Thank you in advance.

silencer

Postby silencer » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:01 pm

dsclaymr wrote:Dear all,
Noob to malfreemaps and I recently bought the edge 1000. I saw 1 of the maps in my device being a malfreemap, and came to this website.
May I know how do I 1. know if what I have in the device is the latest version and 2. to install the latest version?

Thank you in advance.

Mind telling me if Malaysian topography map is also provided for the device, as my Edge 1000 comes with European map.

dsclaymr

Postby dsclaymr » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:27 pm

silencer wrote:
dsclaymr wrote:Dear all,

Thank you in advance.

Mind telling me if Malaysian topography map is also provided for the device, as my Edge 1000 comes with European map.

Mine is also european map.

Return to “GPS Devices”