Garmin 2575R Sg/My

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
tiensheng
Valued Contributor

Re: Garmin 2575R Sg/My

Postby tiensheng » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:50 pm

anyway thanks for the info.
sent card for warranty , since the boss keen to help me personally doing it.

running a piece of 32GB class 10 micro sd , seems much smoother than the class 4 16GB
hehehe ~
*Powered by Garmin nüvi 2465 + Garmin nüvi 2575R *

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Postby tlchuan » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:18 pm

nüvi® 2575RLM Sing/Mal Unit Software v6.90

Change History 2012/12/19
Added country code for POI phone number.
Fixed World Clock issue when searching by city.

http://download.garmin.com/sg/download/ ... G_v690.exe

tiensheng
Valued Contributor

Postby tiensheng » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:57 pm

tlchuan wrote:nüvi® 2575RLM Sing/Mal Unit Software v6.90

Change History 2012/12/19
Added country code for POI phone number.
Fixed World Clock issue when searching by city.

http://download.garmin.com/sg/download/ ... G_v690.exe

haha lazy update but thanks !
*Powered by Garmin nüvi 2465 + Garmin nüvi 2575R *

Eddy Chin

Postby Eddy Chin » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:28 pm

I've brought 1 from a shop at Taman Gaya, JB and have send for service few time. It hang frequent, recording auto stop every approx 3 mins and con't about a record after approx 45 sec. TV would be better if not analog (doesn't shown channel or MHz frequency). I think it is better to opt for 3D terrain model.

trony

Postby trony » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:35 pm

Hi,

Just want to share my experience with GDR-10, it's my sister's 2575R, she used the GDR-10 only once for few minute & never after that, but when I test recording for about 5 minutes or more using AC adapter, the GDR-10 unit became quite hot & the original AData 8gb microSD became extremely hot, if you try to playback some video files now, it sometimes freezes or can't play & some error message pop up.

As I only test the GDR-10 after I update all the latest firmware v6.90 for 2575R & v2.40 for GDR-10, so the conditions before the update is unknown to me.

I stop the testing further fearing it might bricked the 2575R or fry the microSD, it's hard to tell which is the heating source, GDR-10 or microSD?

So any bro here who have had 2575R shutdown using GDR-10 or fried microSD (can't format) notice any early overheating symptoms? :-k

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:35 pm

Hi trony,

Check your AC adapter output voltage... if this is the original AC adapter I suggest you use your in car supply to test again. My unit runs cool.

Hope this helps.... cheers!
Common Sense Is Not Common.

trony

Postby trony » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:03 am

moeyhc wrote:Hi trony,

Check your AC adapter output voltage... if this is the original AC adapter I suggest you use your in car supply to test again. My unit runs cool.

Hi moeyhc,

Thanks for the advice, I did another testing yesterday, the AC adapter is original Garmin's, car adapter also giving same over heating symptoms, I've checked both adapter's voltage at diagnostic page listed as Vmax, they're all normal, no excess drain, GDR10 load only drops supply voltage by 0.1V:

Batt only = 4.01V (when fully charged)
AC only = 5.07V
AC+GDR10 = 4.97V
Car only = 5.15V
Car+GDR10 = 5.05V

Regardless of video quality setting, the microSD card will heat up after >5 minutes of recording, you can feel the heat by touching the card's back edge, the whole GDR10 unit will also heat up after >15 minutes, you can feel most heat at camera's glass lens cover as it's good heat conductor & also at it's mounting cavity which is nearest or touching the internal metal casing probably function as heat sink also for some hot running devices such as video processor or main processor.

I think the main culprit is GDR10 unit, as even without inserting the microSD card the unit will heat up also just by turning it on at viewing mode, after >15 minutes when it heats up, quickly unplug it's cable from mount & insert microSD card into it, wait few seconds then remove the card & you can feel the card is hot freshly baked by the GDR10's microSD slot. :)

I guess my sister's GDR10 could be one of the early defective lot which runs hot & if used it for long time in hot car condition, it might conk out & fried both the SD card & main unit, since my sister's 2575R warranty was expired just last year, so no chance for free exchange claim, I will advice her not to use it or buy new GDR10 if she wants the recording function. :)

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:29 am

trony wrote:

Hi moeyhc,

Thanks for the advice, I did another testing yesterday, the AC adapter is original Garmin's, car adapter also giving same over heating symptoms, I've checked both adapter's voltage at diagnostic page listed as Vmax, they're all normal, no excess drain, GDR10 load only drops supply voltage by 0.1V:

Batt only = 4.01V (when fully charged)
AC only = 5.07V
AC+GDR10 = 4.97V
Car only = 5.15V
Car+GDR10 = 5.05V

Regardless of video quality setting, the microSD card will heat up after >5 minutes of recording, you can feel the heat by touching the card's back edge, the whole GDR10 unit will also heat up after >15 minutes, you can feel most heat at camera's glass lens cover as it's good heat conductor & also at it's mounting cavity which is nearest or touching the internal metal casing probably function as heat sink also for some hot running devices such as video processor or main processor.

I think the main culprit is GDR10 unit, as even without inserting the microSD card the unit will heat up also just by turning it on at viewing mode, after >15 minutes when it heats up, quickly unplug it's cable from mount & insert microSD card into it, wait few seconds then remove the card & you can feel the card is hot freshly baked by the GDR10's microSD slot. :)

I guess my sister's GDR10 could be one of the early defective lot which runs hot & if used it for long time in hot car condition, it might conk out & fried both the SD card & main unit, since my sister's 2575R warranty was expired just last year, so no chance for free exchange claim, I will advice her not to use it or buy new GDR10 if she wants the recording function. :)

No harm writing an email to Garmin Taiwan support and plea your case. See what they say

Email service.tw@garmin.com

trony

Postby trony » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:38 pm

silverbeauty wrote:No harm writing an email to Garmin Taiwan support and plea your case. See what they say

Email service.tw@garmin.com
Good idea silverbeauty, I will do that & reports back the reply, thanks!

mg*
Valued Contributor

Postby mg* » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:57 am

Hi All,

My unit too encounter this problem but intermittent since I bought it new but the unit always behave when I wants to show the dealer the problem. And this happens to my friend`s unit also whom I introduced this model to. Now he is using it as 2565 minus the GDR10. :oops: .

Do quote me also if you are going to email Garmin Taiwan.

trony wrote:

Return to “GPS Devices”