Thanks for the reply.
I drove from Shah Alam to PJ this morning to take the 2575 for a ride, and planned to run the camera on the way back, and had the unit charged via the cradle. After a while, all of a sudden the unit shut down. I stopped to switch it back on. Then on the return leg, when I wanted to run the camera, the message 'Please connect power cable...' appeared. It has now appeared that after that earlier shut down, the 2575 had been running on its own juice.
This is what I did:
1. While in the car, I re-inserted/re-adjusted the charger... it did not charge the 2575.
2. I then plugged the mini-usb connector to my 205W... and it charged. Therefore the ciggy charging cable was not the cause.
3. I changed charger with the micro-usb connector, and plugged direct to the 2575. It could charge the unit.
4. When I got home, I tried charging using the AC charger. It did not charge.
5. I changed to the second (spare, new) cradle and tried charging using the AC charger. It did not charge. The cradles were not the cause too.
So I concluded that charging via the cradle is no longer possible. It could be that the charging circuitry through the bottom 13 (yikes!) pins of the 2575 has been damaged. Today, it has crashed twice. Once this morning in PJ, and just now in Sg Buloh.
I will have to send this item back to AECO for a replacement.