Garmin 2565(LM)

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
indrapr
Valued Contributor

Re: Garmin Nuvi 2565LM

Postby indrapr » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:06 pm

Robert128 wrote:
indrapr wrote:Thanks ace, your advice works. Now the Nuvi recognises both maps.

One slight issue, if I just enable the MFM 120305 (and its POI) and disable other maps, then the map will appear without the roads. What could be the problem?

No problem with my device .How you copy to ur micro sd card

There are two ways on how to access the microSD card, and copy the .img files into it:

(1) Insert the microSD card into the Nuvi 2565LM and connect it to our computer via USB cable, and select mass storage mode. You will see two new drives on your computer, one is the Nuvi's internal memory and the other one is the microSD card.

(2) Use the microSD card adapter and the SD card reader in the computer, if you have. :)

Hope this helps. :)

hanoman

Postby hanoman » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:49 pm

ace wrote:
indrapr wrote:Thanks ace, your advice works. Now the Nuvi recognises both maps.

One slight issue, if I just enable the MFM 120305 (and its POI) and disable other maps, then the map will appear without the roads. What could be the problem?

hanoman wrote:In my 2565, MFM map will not show the road unless I zoom out to 800m. This is a known issue, I dont know does 2565LM inherit the same problem as 2565. However you won't have the problem is you use MFM map compiled by Garmin.

Both of you need to read the instruction carefully when generating the map. #-o :mrgreen: :lol:

viewtopic.php?p=159973#p159973

I know about the "solution" but to me this is not a solution, instead a work around. Because the problem only happen with 2565 and some others I believe. \:D/

alyem
Regional Mapper

Re: Garmin 2565

Postby alyem » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:59 pm

Where is my hidden folder??? :ko: :ko:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

wwloon
Valued Contributor

Postby wwloon » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:15 pm

alyem wrote:Where is my hidden folder??? :ko: :ko:

Maybe you need to uncheck this too... :peace:

Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:57 pm

wwloon wrote:
alyem wrote:Where is my hidden folder??? :ko: :ko:

Maybe you need to uncheck this too... :peace:

Capture.PNG

Still nothing happen. ](*,) ](*,)
73, 9w2yyl

ace
Valued Contributor

Postby ace » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:02 pm

Window 7? :-k

I can't see the folder as well...

however, if you want to see the hidden system, do the following....

1. go to the window explorer,
2. click on the drive letter than shows "Garmin Nuvi", e.g. (x:) Garmin Nuvi
3. go to the top, and click on the search bar, it will show the drive letter and just add in .system, e.g. x:\.system, hit return.

You should be able to see the folder now.. :lol:

However if you follow bro wwloon's advise to "unticked" / "uncheck" the "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" option, the folder should appears. :-$ :-$ :-$
Last edited by ace on Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:53 am

Tried window XP, tried Mac both no luck.
Have not try Window 7.
73, 9w2yyl

pauche

Postby pauche » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:56 pm

Hi guys, I've finally bought the Garmin 2565LM!

I have a couple of questions with regards to both the software and hardware:

1) Has anyone installed the Garmin Travel Guide and Garmin Travel Itinerary on the 2565LM? I tried installing it to the 2Gb internal memory but could only install some of it due to 'memory full'. I then went to buy a 8Gb micro SDHC card and slotted it into the 2565LM. It still shows as memory full, and could not automatically install it onto the formatted empty 8Gb micro SDHC card. Can anyone enlighten?

2) I had previously used the etrex series GPS set coupled with Mapsource software. Now the 2565LM is using Base Camp software, but could not open some of the northern thailand maps that I had previously installed on Mapsource. Can anyone give tips on how to make it work on the Base Camp?

3) I had also bought the driving recorder, but I realised that it did not come with the editing software that was mentioned in the instruction booklet. Is it missing on just my set, or do I need to download the software from somewhere?

Thank you guys!

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:48 am

pauche wrote:Hi guys, I've finally bought the Garmin 2565LM!

1) Has anyone installed the Garmin Travel Guide and Garmin Travel Itinerary on the 2565LM? I tried installing it to the 2Gb internal memory but could only install some of it due to 'memory full'. I then went to buy a 8Gb micro SDHC card and slotted it into the 2565LM. It still shows as memory full, and could not automatically install it onto the formatted empty 8Gb micro SDHC card. Can anyone enlighten?
Have you read this http://www.garmin.com.sg/richpoi/support/

2) I had previously used the etrex series GPS set coupled with Mapsource software. Now the 2565LM is using Base Camp software, but could not open some of the northern thailand maps that I had previously installed on Mapsource. Can anyone give tips on how to make it work on the Base Camp?
Update to Ver. 2.08 to be able to view all MapSource compatible maps on BaseCamp.

3) I had also bought the driving recorder, but I realised that it did not come with the editing software that was mentioned in the instruction booklet. Is it missing on just my set, or do I need to download the software from somewhere?
check with distributor about your missing software ... should be on SD card

Whats in the box ( link : http://www.garmin.com.sg/products/onthe ... 75r_sg_my/ )
nüvi 2575R
Preloaded City Navigator® Singapore/Malaysia and Malsingmaps
Driving recorder (GDR10)
8GB microSDHC memory card (PC tool software included)
Desktop mounting stand
Vehicle suction cup mount with two cradles
Vehiclepower cable
AC adapter cable
Video-in Adapter
USB cable (micro USB to USB)
Quick start manual

Thank you guys!

pauche

Postby pauche » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:15 am

silverbeauty wrote:
pauche wrote:Hi guys, I've finally bought the Garmin 2565LM!

Have you read this http://www.garmin.com.sg/richpoi/support/

Update to Ver. 2.08 to be able to view all MapSource compatible maps on BaseCamp.

check with distributor about your missing software ... should be on SD card

Whats in the box ( link : http://www.garmin.com.sg/products/onthe ... 75r_sg_my/ )
nüvi 2575R
Preloaded City Navigator® Singapore/Malaysia and Malsingmaps
Driving recorder (GDR10)
8GB microSDHC memory card (PC tool software included)
Desktop mounting stand
Vehicle suction cup mount with two cradles
Vehiclepower cable
AC adapter cable
Video-in Adapter
USB cable (micro USB to USB)
Quick start manual

Thank you guys!

Hi thanks for your reply.

1) I read that and installed it that method. I manage to install the first 13 files, but not the 14th due to 'memory full'. Able to advise why it could not write onto the micro SD card?

2) My Basecamp is v3.3.1. any idea why it can't open some maps?

3) So they must have missed out the software when they sell me the set!

Thanks nevertheless!

Return to “GPS Devices”