Garmin 2565(LM)

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
tympg
Senior Mapper

Re: Garmin 2565(LM)

Postby tympg » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:31 am

GTIsurfer wrote:One subtle difference I notice is that not all the roads in the MFM map displays road speed limit. (I could be wrong on this)

Please note that MfM mappers are not likely to ever add speed limits to such roads as residential and collector roads except for very exceptional cases.
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

GTIsurfer

Postby GTIsurfer » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:08 pm

tympg wrote:
GTIsurfer wrote:One subtle difference I notice is that not all the roads in the MFM map displays road speed limit. (I could be wrong on this)

Please note that MfM mappers are not likely to ever add speed limits to such roads as residential and collector roads except for very exceptional cases.

Thank you... silverbeauty and tympg :thumbsup:

yapsf

Postby yapsf » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:42 pm

GTIsurfer wrote:I have the following 2 maps on my garmin:
1) CN SGMY NT 2014.10 Malfree ALL
2) CN SGMY NT 2014.10 Here All from Navteq

In order to have the updated MCE on my garmin, I have to disable CN SGMY NT 2014.10 Here All from Navteq.

I would like to check with the sifu here... what do i miss out for not having the Navteq map pls?
One subtle difference I notice is that not all the roads in the MFM map displays road speed limit. (I could be wrong on this)

Another question I have is that when I have 2 or more maps enabled which cover the same geographic area, how does the GPS reconcile these different maps? (eg SGMY NT 2014.10 Malfree ALL and MGM-Garmin 140113)
What map will be displayed on the device please?

I also had both the MFM 2014.10 & Navteq 2014.10 installed on my SD card.

However JCV is only available on the Navteq map.

My MFM map is stored in sdcard\maps, whereas MFM JCV file in sdcard\.system\JCV. This is the default installation path by the a Garmin installer.

Is this the correct path to install?

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:46 pm

yapsf wrote:
GTIsurfer wrote:I have the following 2 maps on my garmin:
1) CN SGMY NT 2014.10 Malfree ALL
2) CN SGMY NT 2014.10 Here All from Navteq

In order to have the updated MCE on my garmin, I have to disable CN SGMY NT 2014.10 Here All from Navteq.

I would like to check with the sifu here... what do i miss out for not having the Navteq map pls?
One subtle difference I notice is that not all the roads in the MFM map displays road speed limit. (I could be wrong on this)

Another question I have is that when I have 2 or more maps enabled which cover the same geographic area, how does the GPS reconcile these different maps? (eg SGMY NT 2014.10 Malfree ALL and MGM-Garmin 140113)
What map will be displayed on the device please?

I also had both the MFM 2014.10 & Navteq 2014.10 installed on my SD card.

However JCV is only available on the Navteq map.

My MFM map is stored in sdcard\maps, whereas MFM JCV file in sdcard\.system\JCV. This is the default installation path by the a Garmin installer.

Is this the correct path to install?

I could be wrong but the map and JCV must be put in SD card/map and \map\JCV respectively. Please rename the gmapsupp.img into any name you wish.

The .system\JCV is restricted to main memory with map file in .system

yapsf

Postby yapsf » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:43 pm

silverbeauty wrote:I could be wrong but the map and JCV must be put in SD card/map and \map\JCV respectively. Please rename the gmapsupp.img into any name you wish.

The .system\JCV is restricted to main memory with map file in .system

I have discovered that the .img file should be placed in sdcard\maps, and the ?JCV file in sdcard\Garmin\JCV

Can I also confirm that the Highway Mode is not available in MFM NT maps? It is only available in the Navteq map?

eddy_duyung
Contributor
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Postby eddy_duyung » Tue May 13, 2014 10:21 am

Dear Sir,
MFM NT map does support highway mode..except your JCV file is corrupt,or from different version,make sure you are downloading correct version from Garmin.sg website which is indicated for specific Garmin unit..from my experiance using MFM NT...there was more JV show by MFM NT compared to navteq..because MFM NT was made by Mys/Sgs to Mys/Sgs..while navteq was made to make profit.
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465

eekee

Postby eekee » Sun May 18, 2014 4:28 pm

Hi,

How do I search an address with block # and street?

Previously on my 255W running of MFM map....I can search a address , in
"<search all>/<enter street>" by keying in the block and road. eg. 450 Tampines ..

Appreciate guidance on this.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Mon May 19, 2014 10:28 am

eekee wrote:Hi,

How do I search an address with block # and street?

Previously on my 255W running of MFM map....I can search a address , in
"<search all>/<enter street>" by keying in the block and road. eg. 450 Tampines ..

Appreciate guidance on this.

Using my 3790 with MalFree CGS Mapper map selected,
Main Menu - WhereTo? - Address - SearchAll - Enter House Number ( 450 ) - Enter Street ( Tampines Street 42 ) - Nuvi will search and list possibilities ... scroll to Tampines St 42 520450 - Select GO

eekee

Postby eekee » Mon May 19, 2014 9:28 pm

I'm not able to do it they way, you've described.
However, I found that I can search the block and street under "Point of Interest".

Thanks anyway.

humantoz

Postby humantoz » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:45 am

Hi Bro,

Help needed!!!!

My Garmin Nuvi 2565 is having (1) malsing 2014.20, (2) malfree 2014.20 and (3) City Navigator. Updated from Garmin.sg.

Wander, how to insert thailand map into SDCard and map detectable by Garmin.

Tested on:-
Test 1: copy gmapprom.img into Garmin\maps - failed
Test 2: copy gmapprom.img root\maps - failed
Test 3: copy gmapprom.img root\gmapprom.img - failed
Test 4: rename gmapprom.img to gmapsupp - failed

How to make it working......Help!!!!!!

Return to “GPS Devices”