nuvi 3560LM SG/MY

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
simseair
Valued Contributor

Re: nuvi 3560LM SG/MY

Postby simseair » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:36 pm

The unit is now stable after the software update. I have not experienced any auto-shutdown so far. I am now enjoying the unit. Great screen display with 5in of colorful screen. I loved to zoom back and view the whole surrounding area while driving. Previously, my 3790 would just zoom down to an irritating level when I zoom back. So much so, I gave up using the unit. Now it is a museum piece in my GPS collection.

The 3560 is easy to scroll and to view the map at any place. One can zoom down to individual road or zoom back to view a whole state or a country. Great. This is unlike Papago which has very limited zoom capability. Probably can't zoom out greater to cover a taman.

One thing is my unit has stopped displaying the junction view. Not sure why. But I prefer no junction view than one that I cannot control. Hope Garmin will be able to restore the control for the junction view. But, knowing Garmin, I will not hold my breath.

I would agree with Redstorm that the zoom level that we set will disappear every time we exit from the map view. This is really irritating. Again, like what I say, Garmin has a very peculiar habit with their units. Always designing something that will irritate users. No junction view control and now no control over the zoom level when exiting from the map screen each time. Great thinking, Garmin. You are just pissing off your users.

brianw

Postby brianw » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:53 pm

Just a quick check, can 3560 display google road traffic via smartphone link? Recently google traffic has been enabled in many areas in Malaysia, just wondering is 3560 capable of rerouting you to a lesser traffic congested route by reading from google traffic?

thx!

adrianyujs

Postby adrianyujs » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:19 am

brianw wrote:Just a quick check, can 3560 display google road traffic via smartphone link? Recently google traffic has been enabled in many areas in Malaysia, just wondering is 3560 capable of rerouting you to a lesser traffic congested route by reading from google traffic?

thx!

No! That one is smartphone which contain google map app and need always on data plan....

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

simseair
Valued Contributor

Postby simseair » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:39 pm

I have been using the unit for about 2 months now ever since I bought it. I also bought a camera to record the traffic using a 32 GB SD card. Recently, I was hit by the side by a lorry at a traffic junction. Thinking that I can retrieve the recording from the camera at the moment the accident happened which will record the traffic light in front of me, I looked at the recordings on the card. To my horror, the card has all the recording of the day before but nothing on the day the accident happaned. I did not see anything recorded. Not sure why as I had the unit set up as usual and was using the routing. I was quite sure the unit was recording as well. Technology. Without the recording, I cannot prove the traffic light was in my favour and I think I might lose my NCB.

adrianyujs

Postby adrianyujs » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:06 pm

simseair wrote:I have been using the unit for about 2 months now ever since I bought it. I also bought a camera to record the traffic using a 32 GB SD card. Recently, I was hit by the side by a lorry at a traffic junction. Thinking that I can retrieve the recording from the camera at the moment the accident happened which will record the traffic light in front of me, I looked at the recordings on the card. To my horror, the card has all the recording of the day before but nothing on the day the accident happaned. I did not see anything recorded. Not sure why as I had the unit set up as usual and was using the routing. I was quite sure the unit was recording as well. Technology. Without the recording, I cannot prove the traffic light was in my favour and I think I might lose my NCB.

Contact garmin... Maybe setting interval problem?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:41 am

simseair wrote:I have been using the unit for about 2 months now ever since I bought it. I also bought a camera to record the traffic using a 32 GB SD card. Recently, I was hit by the side by a lorry at a traffic junction. Thinking that I can retrieve the recording from the camera at the moment the accident happened which will record the traffic light in front of me, I looked at the recordings on the card. To my horror, the card has all the recording of the day before but nothing on the day the accident happaned. I did not see anything recorded. Not sure why as I had the unit set up as usual and was using the routing. I was quite sure the unit was recording as well. Technology. Without the recording, I cannot prove the traffic light was in my favour and I think I might lose my NCB.

If you are in Sin, bring it to Allbright and see if they can help ..

Redstorm
Contributor

Postby Redstorm » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:55 pm

nüvi® 3560LM SG/MY Unit Software v2.70

Change History

1. Fixed system crash issue in High Way mode.
2. Improved system stability.
3. Added handwriting.
Free beer tomorrow!ImageImage

Leionoiel

Postby Leionoiel » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:38 pm

My unit seems to hang after using for a few weeks. Already updated to the latest version. But still getting the hang issue. Any clues how to solve this?

Return to “GPS Devices”