Fenix 2

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
gpsnpk

Fenix 2

Postby gpsnpk » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:24 am

After stop moving, I notice that my Fenix 2 calculation of distance still running. Why? Anyone can help?Thanks in advance.

OngCC
Senior Mapper

Re: Fenix 2

Postby OngCC » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:45 pm

Did you update the latest firmware?
In which page the distance is still running?
Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs.
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11630

gpsnpk

Postby gpsnpk » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:10 pm

Thanks for your reply.Yes, latest software. Hiking (start - hike - stop - start).Stop moving but distance still running.

OngCC
Senior Mapper

Postby OngCC » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:50 pm

It is probably due to the poor satellite signal receive by the device, you may try it in a more open area (clearer view to the sky).
Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs.
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11630

gpsnpk

Postby gpsnpk » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:46 pm

Recently I check with AECO, they told me that at open area the Fenix 2 is normal: 55M in 8min.
Reply from Garmin Taiwan : The point is what tolerance is allowed. Our test data is 80m in 10min.

Is it true? As I know the distance would not keep increasing if you stay at the same place! Any one tested before?

Thanks in advance.

Return to “GPS Devices”