Nuvi 800 Series

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
tjoseph

Re: Nuvi 860

Postby tjoseph » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:10 pm

Yes! This works.

Thanks to all for the help.

Tan Ngan Piang

Postby Tan Ngan Piang » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:16 pm

fauzee wrote:
azraeil wrote:Tan,

Thanks for the post. I tried sending the map via Mapsource and I still have the error message "No Map Data Available" when I do the address search.

So what you are saying is that I need to remove any file with the name gmapsupp.img from the main memory first before sending the datset back to the Nuvi 860? Do I do this via mapsource or just used the gmapsupp.img file that was generated when I installed the latest Malfreemaps?
Answer is YES

if u not familiar to sending with mapsource..just forget it!! make u :ko: :ko: why not use SD card..and put folder>Garmin>paste your Gmapsupp.img..if u don't wanna :frus: :frus: please delete gmapsupp.img in your internal memory..make you easier bro.. :thumbsup:
Hi Fauzee , I experience the same problem with " version release MFM-Garmin-090914" NO MAP Data Available on my Nuvi 860T. Where else the previous version "MFMv174" was working fine. do you experienced the problem again?

Tan Ngan Piang

Postby Tan Ngan Piang » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:25 pm

dvpro wrote:Guys, regarding the address search issue with MFM in Nuvi8xx series, have you tried this method by Bro Sabai: viewtopic.php?p=64086#p64086

Hi dvpro, experience the same problem with " version release MFM-Garmin-090914" NO MAP Data Available on my Nuvi 860T. Where else the previous version "MFMv174" was working fine. do you experienced the problem again?

The " For Garmin Cue "option is no more available in this current version... :cry:

Tan Ngan Piang

Postby Tan Ngan Piang » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:46 pm

Hi Folks, I found a message in the Frequent ask Question section by our "Sifu" saying:- "From MFM v1.63 onwards, MFM map will be coded in a new format. Older devices such at GPSMAP 60CS or Garmin Que will not be able to read new MFM maps. Please use MFM v1.62"

No wounder " version release MFM-Garmin-090914" NO MAP Data Available happens on my Nuvi 860T again. Where else the previous version "MFMv174" was working fine.

So as usual, I put the last version compile for " Garmin Cue" released version"MFMv174"in the Main memory and "MFM-Garmin-090921" on the TF card. Garmin Nuvi860T is robust enought and able to holds two MFM version in the device at one time without problem. I tried it out and have clocked 50 KM in this city state without any problem and no crash. I find it comfortable now to remove the original installed but outdated MSM completely from my device. Hopefull this is acceptable "work Around".... [-o<

Sabai

Postby Sabai » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:23 pm

Hi 860 users!
Any luck with voice recognition for Address search? :frus:

tan2518sfxm

Postby tan2518sfxm » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:13 pm

Sabai wrote:Hi 860 users!
Any luck with voice recognition for Address search? :frus:

Hello Sabi, I had this experience too, Nuvi860 T do not have the capability of Address Search Voice recognition, It work well only on very good road at 50 to 80km/h road speed on a fine day. During Raining /wet road the voice recognition hardly can work because of the ROAD NOISE Level, even driving on a mid Size Luxuary German Seden.

At Low ambient noise level, the Menu Item particularly the Search For Favourite works well, almost 10/10.
Nevertheless, this is still the most rugged piece of hardware compare with 2 other Garmin's model I have tried, never hungup.

Sabai

Postby Sabai » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:14 pm

At Low ambient noise level, the Menu Item particularly the Search For Favourite works well, almost 10/10.
Nevertheless, this is still the most rugged piece of hardware compare with 2 other Garmin's model I have tried, never hungup.

Same experience NP, only favourites work consistently.
Yes I agree it is a robust piece of equipment
Tks anyway!

rickoes

Postby rickoes » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:10 am

Hi,
Just got new Nuvi 855 from Amazon to replace my old C550. After reading 3 pages this topic, I still cannot find a solution how to solve NO MAP Data Available by using Address Search. Anyone can help to solve this problem. ](*,) . I'm using latest MFM posted on 11-jan-2010.

Thank You.

rickoes

Postby rickoes » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:43 pm

hi,
before anyone reply, i found how to use combination of MFM and MSM so that Address Search can used without problem, not sure my method correct or wrong. Any comment and suggestion please.

here the step, (i'm using internal memory only)
1. Rename MFM gmapsupp.img to gmapprom.img and copy into garmin internal memory
2. Copy MSM gmapsupp.img into garmin internal memory.
3. On the power and go to Map Info.
4. Uncheck MFM POI 100111

reset power then test out using Address Search.

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Please test further:
1. Remove data card, and install only MFM in internal memory. Would it make any difference using either GMAPPROM.IMG or GMAPSUPP.IMG filename?
2. While having only MFM in Nuvi, what happens when MFM POI 100111 is checked as well?
:tq:
rickoes wrote:1. Rename MFM gmapsupp.img to gmapprom.img and copy into garmin internal memory
2. Copy MSM gmapsupp.img into garmin internal memory.
3. On the power and go to Map Info.
4. Uncheck MFM POI 100111
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

Return to “GPS Devices”