Garmin Nuvi 1450 / 1460

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Re: Garmin 1460

Postby cruiser » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:45 am

JasonLee wrote:
Please read this review I posted at the other forum. The answer to your question is included.

:tq: and :good: Jason.... =D>

I appreciate reading your findings and feedback and esp. on the main concerns involving points 1, 3 and 4.

They are very much a cruscial element during drives esp. for those who are fully dependent on their features and having been happy through the earlier 2xx Nuvi models.

Keep up yr continued trial & error search.... :thumbsup:
Image ~ Cruiser ~

A4Paper

Nuvi 1460 - Device goes to rebooting loop and hang at welcom

Postby A4Paper » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:54 pm

Hi sifu and all

Big Problema for me.

My new Nuvi 1460, updated to V2.1 last week and worked very well. But last night i think i made a mistake. Connected the unit to laptop via usb and toyed with new maps etc. I was curious with the news that 1460 can recognise map names other than standard. So I started changing file name lah.

My mistake was i didnt wait long enuff before yanking out the USB cable. Nor did I safely remove hardware like i supposed to do.

Windows gave me this "write delay" error msg and aarrghhh... After that the thing refused to properly boot. when connected to pc, it keeps on rebooting after the "loading map" stage. When disonnected, it wemt to blank screen after the loading map page. Sometimes hang, freezee, aarghhh..

I cant get into the proper mode so that i can make amends to the maps.

Any pointers?

1. i hope not a permanent damage
2. Will garmin shop fix this, since i bought online, with Aeco sticker
3. I hope there is way to get it connected to pc so I can fix myself
4. Master reset - tried but the unit hang at the reset page

Appreciate feedback

Rgds/A4

P.s i will be at KK this week and will visit garmin shop there to see if they can entertain my repair request.

A4Paper

Re: Nuvi 1460 - Device goes to rebooting loop and hang at welcom

Postby A4Paper » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:58 pm

Goshh,.. I intended to post this under Nuvi 1460, but ended up creating a new topic. Sorry

alyem
Regional Mapper

Re: Nuvi 1460 - Device goes to rebooting loop and hang at welcom

Postby alyem » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:03 pm

A4Paper wrote:Goshh,.. I intended to post this under Nuvi 1460, but ended up creating a new topic. Sorry

No problem I move it. :tq:
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

A4Paper

Postby A4Paper » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:46 pm

Thanks bro, that was prompt!

Now, hoping and praying for fast reply to my problem...

Rgds/A4

johnTan
Valued Contributor

Postby johnTan » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:59 pm

Garmin Still not Improvement on their newer model software :(
When internal memory with Corrupt map or incompatible format of vpm,
Garmin nuvi should prompt the message and skip it,
In order nuvi can be access into USB mode, let the user delete the corrupt map and incompatible format vpm file.
NO keep on rebooting, loop and loop read the corrupt file --> Not passed --> Reboot :ko:
Garmin should improve, when loading map, found some map unreadable, should prompt the message.
Sample like below:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

A4Paper

Postby A4Paper » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:14 pm

Thanks bro JohnTan

My worse fear is that perhaps more that maps had been corrupted.

Only iff I can gain access to USB mode...

Rgds/A4

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:30 pm

I have had no experience force-flashing a 1xxx series, but as for other Nuvis, this can be resolved by force-flashing with a modded RGN file which will disable any IMG files within Nuvi, and hence would be successfully rebooted and then connected to PC to delete the corrupted IMG. If you are around Klang Valley, maybe I can have a look.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

A4Paper

Postby A4Paper » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:39 pm

Thnks bro.

yes I am at klang valley. Anyway, will be in sabah for quite a bit and will try if the garmin ppl there can fix this. If all else failed, yeah i would like u to give it a go.

Mates, thanks

A4Paper

Postby A4Paper » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:05 am

Hey guys

for my problem, I am trying this today. Got this from another forum

"...........Actually it was not a trip to Garmin cause apparently they (the representative in Greece) were as puzzled here as I was. So I had to try different things. The one that solved the problem was to use a good map name it gmapsupp.img put it in a sd card and reboot with the card inside the slot. Apparently the device looks first to what is in the sd card and then loads what is in the unit. SD card is more important then the units memory itself. That way the 765 came out of that endless loop and I could use it as a drive to get rid of the faulty map."

So I need to go out, get me an SD card, put a good map in it, and see if I got the problem solved.. wish me luck!

rgds/A4

Return to “GPS Devices”