Garmin Nuvi 1450 / 1460

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
limkca

Re: Nuvi 1460

Postby limkca » Thu May 06, 2010 10:16 am

Thank you silverbeauty. Good to hear that as I do not need bluetooth but would like the 5inch screen. Thanks.

bluknight

Postby bluknight » Fri May 14, 2010 12:22 pm

bluknight wrote: Anybody wld like to answer Q.3 in my first post in this forum?

OK This is my contrib to this forum for the Garmin 1460: Ive tried and confirmed the following:

Maps stored as gmapsupp.img in SD/Garmin folder will have their jcvs working in the SD/Garmin/jcv folder AND all poi files related to it will work as stored in the SD/Garmin/poi folder. This works for speedcams as well.
Forget about gmap3d.img - 3D buildings doesnt work on 1460 :-?

Nevertheless this is great as one does not have to touch the Main memory poi and jcv folders for preinstalled maps. I believe the following may not work though:

Maps stored anyname.img in SD/map or Garmin/map folders (has no access to poi or jcv files - unless they are in the main memory poi and System/jcv folders - using POI loader and map loaders)

Therefore if you want MFM and MSM maps to coexist, leave the preinstall MSM alone and put the MFM maps in SD/Garmin, poi files in SD/Garmin/poi, jcv files in SD/Garmin/jcv, uncheck the MSM maps in the Unit and you're in fat city.
1460 Software2.50 GPS3.90 Basemap DEM NR 3.00 MalSing NT 2010.20 City Navigators NT 2010.10 AusNZ 2013.10 Europe NT2010.30 and NAmerica 2011.10 Also 2575RLM 2012 model

ragamuffin

Re: Nuvi 1460 (No Audio)

Postby ragamuffin » Fri May 21, 2010 3:44 am

After updating my 1460 to latest firmware (v2.40) via garmin communicator, my unit has lost all audio functions. Anyone has similar issues?

Ironically, I updated my bro's unit of the same model and no problems whatsoever. I did mine exactly the same way and I'm scratching my head over it. :ko: I'm not sure if it had to do with custom voices. I've reset the "Voice" folder to factory default. Still no audio beeps or navigation audio.

Tried everything.. hard reset. Recopying factory default files. Downgrading firmware back to 2.30. Think my unit is fubar. Last resort is to send it back to garmin... which would take awhile... and I'll be "lost" for a couple of weeks... sigh.. :cry:

aerden

Postby aerden » Sun May 23, 2010 12:14 pm

Hi all, i'm a newbie here. Got my 1460 in feb 2010. The problem I had with it since yesterday was when I press the ON button, the "GARMIN" word appear as normal and later followed by "nuvi 1460 Copyright 2009 Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries". Then it just hang! :frus: :rolleyes: :nutz:
I pressed the 8sec hard shutdown procedure and tried over 50x. sometimes only the GARMIN appear and not the copyright thingy.

Thus, i got home and tried plugging the USB to my computer. ](*,) The GARMIN appear and just hang. The unit is not recognize by my computer. I could not upgrade the software. nothing... all i get is a hang 1460! :cry: :ko: :x

Hope there is an angel somewhere in this forum that has the remedy...

Lost....

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Sun May 23, 2010 12:37 pm

aerden wrote:Hi all, i'm a newbie here. Got my 1460 in feb 2010. The problem I had with it since yesterday was when I press the ON button, the "GARMIN" word appear as normal and later followed by "nuvi 1460 Copyright 2009 Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries". Then it just hang! :frus: :rolleyes: :nutz:
I pressed the 8sec hard shutdown procedure and tried over 50x. sometimes only the GARMIN appear and not the copyright thingy.

Thus, i got home and tried plugging the USB to my computer. ](*,) The GARMIN appear and just hang. The unit is not recognize by my computer. I could not upgrade the software. nothing... all i get is a hang 1460! :cry: :ko: :x

Hope there is an angel somewhere in this forum that has the remedy...

Lost....

Suspect your maps in main memory could be corrupted, thus the symptom you are experiencing. As unit is still under warranty, suggest you bring it to local distributor in Sin or Malaysia or contact Garmin Taiwan support direct for assistance.

deluge23

Postby deluge23 » Sun May 23, 2010 3:31 pm

Hi guys,

I'm currently lean on purchasing this device (1460) over 765 due to its bigger screen size, brighter screen, and louder speaker. I do not care about mp3 or picture browser as my iPod Touch will do the work just fine.

However, I do notice that 1xxx series doesn't have powered windshield mount compared to 765. I'm just wondering what does this means and whether it is inconvenience without such feature?

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Sun May 23, 2010 3:55 pm

deluge23 wrote:Hi guys,

I'm currently lean on purchasing this device (1460) over 765 due to its bigger screen size, brighter screen, and louder speaker. I do not care about mp3 or picture browser as my iPod Touch will do the work just fine.

However, I do notice that 1xxx series doesn't have powered windshield mount compared to 765. I'm just wondering what does this means and whether it is inconvenience without such feature?

Yes, it is lacking a hot dock, but this should not deter you from enjoying the Nuvi. Think of it as a minor inconvenience.

You just have to plug / unplug the mini-USB cable from the Nuvi.

deluge23

Postby deluge23 » Mon May 24, 2010 1:19 am

I see. So it's just a cable hassle then.

BTW is 1460 superior to 765 in terms of map refresh and satellite locking, louder speaker and brighter and larger screen? I could live without FM, MP3 or other fancy stuff. So will 1460 suits me as the price between 765 and 1460 is relatively small. Is the 5' screen really noticeable?

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Mon May 24, 2010 9:01 am

deluge23 wrote:I see. So it's just a cable hassle then.

BTW is 1460 superior to 765 in terms of map refresh and satellite locking, louder speaker and brighter and larger screen? I could live without FM, MP3 or other fancy stuff. So will 1460 suits me as the price between 765 and 1460 is relatively small. Is the 5' screen really noticeable?

One big advantage of 1460 vs 764, your map files can be of any name whereas 765 restricted to fixed file names.

Please go through this thread and you will find out more pros and cons ....

deluge23

Postby deluge23 » Wed May 26, 2010 4:48 pm

Hi guys.

My Garmin nuvi 1460 arrived today and I am sure pleased with the 5' display. It's just huge! BTW I was wondering what should I choose for the GPS mode? Normal or MSAS/WAAS. I wonder what it means.

Any extra thing I should do? Currently updated my software to version 2.50 and awaiting for the malsingmap update (2010.20)

The new device also experiencing random shutdown while I was operating it. Perhaps it's because of the low battery? There is not even a single bar at the moment I turn it on upon unboxing it. I wonder will full charge prevent it?

BTW how long does it take to fully charge the device? I'm using the USB cable that is included as I do not have the AC adapter which I believe is an optional accessory.

What is the detour mode anyway? I press it and it just shows a map just like the where to function. I wonder is there any feature that will simulate the route? Eg the car moving to my destination.

Also how to preview the voice I choose?
Last edited by deluge23 on Wed May 26, 2010 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “GPS Devices”