Garmin Nuvi 1450 / 1460

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
yanbros

Postby yanbros » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi, need to ask all knowledgeable bros here about this.
I have a 1460 and i want to install some USA maps onto a SD card. I just create a Garmin/MAP folder in the SD card right? It is some USA maps. Do i need update the basemaps or something since MFM is just mainly asian countries? Or will it just work when i just copy the gmapsupp.img file into the folder? I also see GMAP3D.img and gmapbmap.img. Do i need to replace these files into my Garmin unit? Or will it just work if i copy gmapsupp.img over to the SD card?

Thanks all.

mechanic_guna

Re: Garmin Nuvi 1450 / 1460

Postby mechanic_guna » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:03 pm

papaoscar wrote:I own a China type Win Ce " 4 programs in 1" and a Nuvi 1460.
The MFM custom POIs ( traffic lights, schools, petrol stations etc ) are displayed on the Win CE GPS but not on the nuvi1460 although both are configured to dsiplay maximum poi.
The Nuvi1460 is upgraded to ver 3.10firmware and both updated weekly.
Any suggestions ?

Your China GPS with "4 programs in 1" is most like to run Garmin mobile XT. To verify this go to tools ->settings ->about. Here you will find the version number
. In garmin mobile Xt software you can see all the crowded POI's. Sometimes the map is full of POI's.

On the Nuvi 1460, you cannot see any POI unless it is in the 50m zoom range. This is the way it is designed by Garmin. It helps to remove the clutter on the display. You cannot do anything about this.

papaoscar

Postby papaoscar » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:54 pm

mechanic_guna wrote:
papaoscar wrote:I own a China type Win Ce " 4 programs in 1" and a Nuvi 1460.
The MFM custom POIs ( traffic lights, schools, petrol stations etc ) are displayed on the Win CE GPS but not on the nuvi1460 although both are configured to dsiplay maximum poi.
The Nuvi1460 is upgraded to ver 3.10firmware and both updated weekly.
Any suggestions ?

Your China GPS with "4 programs in 1" is most like to run Garmin mobile XT. To verify this go to tools ->settings ->about. Here you will find the version number
. In garmin mobile Xt software you can see all the crowded POI's. Sometimes the map is full of POI's.

On the Nuvi 1460, you cannot see any POI unless it is in the 50m zoom range. This is the way it is designed by Garmin. It helps to remove the clutter on the display. You cannot do anything about this.

Thanks, cos the POIs on the WinCE GPS more informative...eg: when looking for a POI in a new place, we need all info on screen. Unfortunately its an old system and lags. Which standalone Garmin GPS would you recommend as an upgrade to the 1460 ?

Andy0625

Postby Andy0625 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:44 pm

For those who have installed Malfreemaps 2012.30 from Garmin website and yet, there's no junction view, the below guide might helps.

1) Go to http://www.garmin.com.sg/mapupdate/, scroll down to bottom and look for your Nuvi model in Malfreemaps file.

2) Run the installer until you get to the 'Garmin Map Installer' dialog. Don't close the window and go to C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX0\MapData and copy the SgMyMFM.JCV out to your desktop or directly to your Garmin/.System/JCV directory.

3) You can backup and delete all existing file in the JCV folder and replaced with the SgMyMFM.JCV that you just copied out.

3) You can now close the installer, safely remove your garmin and you're done.

4) Enjoy!

Not sure if the guide above helps, but I been having problem that the SgMyMFM.JCV file not installing to my garmin. After much google and fiddling around, I have finally sort it out. Hope it helps! :champ: :champ:

ayam390

Postby ayam390 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:30 pm

for those have problem to connect to PC data transfer on nuvi 1460.
here is what I had done.
Turn on the unit first, wait until totally on. then only plug in the USB cable. then the device will shown the green line to connect to PC.
its work for me, hope for you too! cheers!!
Forgive my poor English

civicavantae

Postby civicavantae » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am

I have a few issues with my garmin 1460

1. Everytime it will boot up very slowly (at least 5 to 10 mins) for the map
2. Sometimes it hang after navigating or say lost satellite
3. The reception of the satellite is very poor also.

Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:44 am

civicavantae wrote:I have a few issues with my garmin 1460

1. Everytime it will boot up very slowly (at least 5 to 10 mins) for the map
2. Sometimes it hang after navigating or say lost satellite
3. The reception of the satellite is very poor also.

Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.

You may be running low on internal memory. Do housekeeping and delete all the datalog file or do a factory reset. Please backup all maps first before attempting to do factory reset

How to do a factory reset link : http://www.fixya.com/support/r4967681-g ... hard_reset

howpeter

Postby howpeter » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:42 pm

Hi Everyone,
I just found out that the favorite in my Navi 1460 is full. They are all the favorite in Malaysia. I am leaving for Korea soon and need to erase all this favorite and backup. So I could program new favorite for Korea. Could someone please tell me how can I do that?
Another issue is that whenever I turn-on my Garmin, it will say the map is very old. All this while I have only save new maps to the Sd card under folder Garmin and Map. I did read the first article from Alyem, is that what I should do? Shall I use this new map, “ Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 150831” and change from "gmapsupp.img" to "gmapprom.img" and save it to the .System folder? Would it affect my other maps on Korea?
I think I had found 4 maps of Korea, how could I save them all to my Sd card and able to use them all at the same time?
Any Expert, please tell me how?
Thanks very much!

howpeter

Postby howpeter » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:46 am

How to erase Favorite permanently?

Hi Everyone, I had done a backup of my Favorite in /Garmin/Gpx and then erase everything in that folder. But after I done a restart, my favorite came back automatically again. I had repeat erasing the Gpx folder 3 times and everytime it will return again. How to erase favorite (for malaysia) permanently because it is full and I need to create new favorite for my trip to Korea. Anyone please help?
Thanks very much!

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:54 pm

howpeter wrote:How to erase Favorite permanently?

Hi Everyone, I had done a backup of my Favorite in /Garmin/Gpx and then erase everything in that folder. But after I done a restart, my favorite came back automatically again. I had repeat erasing the Gpx folder 3 times and everytime it will return again. How to erase favorite (for malaysia) permanently because it is full and I need to create new favorite for my trip to Korea. Anyone please help?
Thanks very much!

Delete them all from your nuvi menu Tools>My data>Delete Favourites>Select all

Return to “GPS Devices”