Nuvi 200

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
puawk

Re: postal code search on nuvi 200

Postby puawk » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:02 am

silverbeauty wrote:
puawk wrote:
alyem wrote:Bro try this..

You will have to follow thru
1) Go "Where To"
2) Select "Addresses"
3) Search "Country"; type in "Singapore" select Singapore Sla Address/Postcode
4) Under Spell City, select "Search All"
5) Skip House Number, by pushing on "Next"
6) Enter Street Name, here's a TIP

i) You can enter exact house address, like 21 Tampines Street 34
or
ii) You can simply enter the exact post code, 529233.

Bingo!

Bro: I am using Nuvi 255w with MFMv091221, I tried the steps listed by you but at step #2, after I typed in "Singapore", I didn't see "Singapore SLA Address/ Postcode". Are tehre something not right with my device? Or I have missed out some steps during installation of the latest version of maps? Thanks.

Bro puawk, it is because you do not have the Singapore SLA PostalCodes data in your Nuvi.
MFM maps by itself does not contain Singapore SLA maps data which is copyright.

The SLA PostalCode was released to MFM users in a "limited" edition Garmin gmausupp.img file
This was made available via courtesy of EastGear, ( who have the "rights" to the data from SLA Singapore ) some time back to those who registered during a "promotional" period.

Dear silverbeauty : thanks a lot for clearing my doubts :tq:

sandmanz
Contributor

Re: Nuvi 200

Postby sandmanz » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:43 pm

How can I check the accuracy for my nuvi200?
"Be the change you want to see in the world"

cynide
Contributor

Postby cynide » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:56 pm

sandmanz wrote:How can I check the accuracy for my nuvi200?

Touch & hold signal icon on top left of ur nuvi.

Can also ref here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1842

sandmanz
Contributor

Postby sandmanz » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:09 pm

cynide wrote:
sandmanz wrote:How can I check the accuracy for my nuvi200?

Touch & hold signal icon on top left of ur nuvi.

Can also ref here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1842

TQ.. man.. should have read through everything first. Sooooo many to read! :shock:

cynide
Contributor

Postby cynide » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:10 pm

Its ok bro. :peace:

sandmanz
Contributor

Postby sandmanz » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:24 pm

dvpro wrote:Hi bploh, maybe you should perform hard reset (clear all user data)?

Turn off Nuvi, then press and hold lower right corner of Nuvi screen, turn on Nuvi, continue to hold (the screen) until you get the prompt to clear all user data, select Yes. Important: Before performing hard reset, back up current.gpx from ..\Garmin\GPX folder. After successful reset, rename backed up current.gpx to temp.gpx and place it in ..\Garmin\GPX folder. Note: After resetting Nuvi, it's also advisable to let Nuvi gather satellite data outdoors and stationary, until GPS fix is obtained.

If after hard reset, still the same, I'd advise you back up all files and folders in Nuvi (including hidden files), and format it using PC (just like a USB drive), and then replace all files.

Tried to hard reset my nuvi200.. but after pressing the reset butoon (lower right corner of screen) and turning ON.. nothing happens.. been pressing the button for 5 minutes and still device not turned ON. Can i format the main drive and SD card? Is it safe just back up everything, format all and copy paste back everything into device & SD card?

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:56 pm

sandmanz wrote:Tried to hard reset my nuvi200.. but after pressing the reset butoon (lower right corner of screen) and turning ON.. nothing happens.. been pressing the button for 5 minutes and still device not turned ON.

Did you flick the switch once or continue to hold it, while holding that part of the screen (not the reset button at the back)?

sandmanz wrote:Can i format the main drive and SD card? Is it safe just back up everything, format all and copy paste back everything into device & SD card?

Yes you can.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

sandmanz
Contributor

Postby sandmanz » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:12 pm

dvpro wrote:
sandmanz wrote:Tried to hard reset my nuvi200.. but after pressing the reset butoon (lower right corner of screen) and turning ON.. nothing happens.. been pressing the button for 5 minutes and still device not turned ON.

Did you flick the switch once or continue to hold it, while holding that part of the screen (not the reset button at the back)?

sandmanz wrote:Can i format the main drive and SD card? Is it safe just back up everything, format all and copy paste back everything into device & SD card?

Yes you can.

](*,) I pressed the reset button instead! No wonder nothing happens. Yeah, managed to do the hard reset and after that formatted all. Now back to normal. :tq: :prayer:

sandmanz
Contributor

Postby sandmanz » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:49 am

Dear sifus.. can someone explains what the term listed in the screen capture attached refers to?
:tq: :rox:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:24 am

sandmanz wrote:Dear sifus.. can someone explains what the term listed in the screen capture attached refers to?
:tq: :rox:

Bro sandmanz, the info as posted to you are for Garmin support reference should your unit develop problems. End user like you do not need to reference such data for everyday use.

The 3 screens you posted relates to the Nuvi memory statistic data ie.. Non-volatile RAM capacity, usage, fragmentation status, memory stacks status, Task operations, debug info, mainly useful to Garmin support

Return to “GPS Devices”