Garmin Zumo 550

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
zumo

Garmin Zumo 550

Postby zumo » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:35 pm

Hi everyone,
am a newbie. I have a Garmin 550 and now moved to Singapore. I like to get a street map of Singapore onto my Zumo so I don't get constantly lost. Am not very familiar with GPS devises and technical aspects. Could someone show me the link to exactly which map is compatible with my Garmin Zumo 550. I will then download to my external SD card.
Many thanks. :-'

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Which map is the correct one for the Zumo 550

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:41 pm

zumo wrote:Hi everyone,
am a newbie. I have a Garmin 550 and now moved to Singapore. I like to get a street map of Singapore onto my Zumo so I don't get constantly lost. Am not very familiar with GPS devises and technical aspects. Could someone show me the link to exactly which map is compatible with my Garmin Zumo 550. I will then download to my external SD card.
Many thanks. :-'

Here's the link viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8442

Download, run and generate gmapsupp.img and copy to /garmin directory of SD card

zumo

Postby zumo » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:27 pm

Thanks for this. Quick additional question. As i am using a Mac and not a Pc i can't "run" it so to speak. Can I just copy the file the SD card or how else can I make it run?

yoladu
Valued Contributor

Postby yoladu » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:49 pm

zumo wrote:Can I just copy the file the SD card or how else can I make it run?

sure.

Create a Folder, and named in "GARMIN", and dump the gmapsupp.img file in that folder.

Then go to MAP INFO, to make sure you checked all the boxes with "MFM........."
Contribute exclusively to MFM. MSM don't get it !

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:52 pm

Return to “GPS Devices”