Nuvi 770

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
plai
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang (60csx, Nuvi 765 Sing/Mal, Nuvi 770, Montana 600

Nuvi 770

Postby plai » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:36 pm

I have a Nuvi 770 with version 4.20 SW. The map display does not show a "North Pointer" as what is shown in my Nuvi 760 TWN version with 2.80 SW. During routing, the 770 displays "Arrival" time on the bottom left corner of the screen. But on the 760, pressing and holding on the "Arrival" will toggle alternately between "Arrival" and "Speed" whereas the 770 always displays the arrival time only (and no "North Pointer" as well). Need Nuvi 770 and Nuvi 760 owners to confirm this.
I think the "North Pointer" and the toggling between "Arrival" and "Speed" is quite useful and I suppose Garmin left these features out of the Nuvi 770. Some snapshots for your reference.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “GPS Devices”