Garmin 60csx

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
Tanarthur
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:57 am

Re: Garmin 60csx

Postby Tanarthur » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:07 pm

Need some help from the expert here. I got problem tranferring waypoints from mapsou to my 60csx. Can only transfer about 30% ov have about 180 waypoints only. Previously a fine until the software got problem. Send ba eastgear and they replace for me a new set i suspect is a re-con set. Send back to them but still cannot. I even tried format the sd ca reinstall mapsource, reinstall device softwar updates all software still same problem.

Any suggestion for me to rectifiy the proble

User avatar
keong8260
Regional Mapper
Posts: 1828
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)
Contact:

Re: Garmin 60csx

Postby keong8260 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:37 pm

Tanarthur wrote:Need some help from the expert here. I got problem tranferring waypoints from mapsou to my 60csx. Can only transfer about 30% ov have about 180 waypoints only. Previously a fine until the software got problem. Send ba eastgear and they replace for me a new set i suspect is a re-con set. Send back to them but still cannot. I even tried format the sd ca reinstall mapsource, reinstall device softwar updates all software still same problem.

Any suggestion for me to rectifiy the proble


Do you try by transfer your waypoints batch by batch?

Tanarthur
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:57 am

Re: Garmin 60csx

Postby Tanarthur » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:40 am

So i will need to create a few gdb files for my way point to do the transfer? Will try tonight. Wat if it fails? Any other solution?

Tanarthur
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:57 am

Re: Garmin 60csx

Postby Tanarthur » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:43 am

Have tried to do transfer in batches. Still cannot. Just email garmin last night on the pproblem so if they also cannot solve it then will see wat east gear can do for me.

User avatar
kaiman
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:08 pm
Location: Mike Golf 70265663

Re: Garmin 60csx

Postby kaiman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:14 pm

Mine 60CSX died a year ago due to a leaky alkaline batt which I left inside for 2 long. The leaked batt caused havoc to mine batt area and the batt contacts broke. Have long wanted to improvise a spring for it but never got to it till now....

When my friend saw it, he says can be replaced. We took it to Sim Lim and wass told that it would cause us S$200+ for the replacement back cover. So we took it back and crack our heads for a cheapo method.

Finally got it done by improvising some solder wick that's harden by solder. Of anyone is keen, I can post pics of finish product.
So for those who had similar prob and dont want spend $, this method works!

Now its time to get back with playing my gps. I forgotten most of what I hve previously learn from the froums... :)

User avatar
Inggo
Contributor
Posts: 1093
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:36 am
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED
Contact:

Re: Garmin 60csx

Postby Inggo » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:15 pm

:thumbsup: :good:
Image
Image
Image
...maybe the -m'force'm- will be with you, always.. :peace:
:mrgreen: Skywalker

User avatar
keong8260
Regional Mapper
Posts: 1828
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)
Contact:

Re: Garmin 60csx

Postby keong8260 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:49 am

Just bought another new set of 60CSx... and notice this:

The old one (right) sw version is 4.00 and GPS sw version is 3.00s, and the new one (left) sw version is 4.20 and GPS sw version is 2.40m. :shock:

Any one got any ideas? :-? :-? :-?

By the way, try webupdater and the old one cannot update beyond 4.00 and new one just said it is the latest software and no more option was given. :-?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
sky90
Valued Contributor
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:07 pm

Re: Garmin 60csx

Postby sky90 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:09 am

Cant answer, but good to see an electronic gadget - 60csx - still going strong after sooo many yrs :champ:

I like mine heaps...

User avatar
keong8260
Regional Mapper
Posts: 1828
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)
Contact:

Re: Garmin 60csx

Postby keong8260 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:03 pm

sky90 wrote:Cant answer, but good to see an electronic gadget - 60csx - still going strong after sooo many yrs :champ:

I like mine heaps...


Yes, this unit proof by itself, very tough and yet durable!

We already bought 6 units for use in logging activity started from past few years! :thumbsup:

The new upgrade version - series 62 is still yet to proof itself.

User avatar
Inggo
Contributor
Posts: 1093
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:36 am
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED
Contact:

Re: Garmin 60csx

Postby Inggo » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:15 pm

keong8260 wrote:Just bought another new set of 60CSx... and notice this:
The old one (right) sw version is 4.00 and GPS sw version is 3.00s, and the new one (left) sw version is 4.20 and GPS sw version is 2.40m. :shock:
Any one got any ideas? :-? :-? :-?

By the way, try webupdater and the old one cannot update beyond 4.00 and new one just said it is the latest software and no more option was given. :-?

maybe 'sw version' means hardware revision Rom (bios) ID.

and 'GPS sw version' means for navigation software version, m&s is release ID,

i think m is more enhanced rather than s.
Image
Image
Image
...maybe the -m'force'm- will be with you, always.. :peace:
:mrgreen: Skywalker


Return to “GPS Devices”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests