Garmin Nuvi 1350

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
bose00

Re: Nuvi 1350

Postby bose00 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:27 pm

sherwoei wrote:
rku140 wrote:Hi all,

I have encountered on 3 separate occurance that my Nuvi 1350T had a power shut down and not able to power up eventhough after full charging via USB and external power source.
On my first encounter, after several times hitting the power button, it managed to power up.
On my second encounter, it power shut down yesterday evening, not able to power up after overnight charging. I have to send it to the local agent (today) but when the agent plug-in to the external source, it able to power up and the agent told me that the battery is full and not sure why it did not power up by itself.
My third encounter is this evening when I am on the way home, I was trying to change some setting and of the sudden it died, I have to plug in my car battery charger for a while, after couple on times pressing the power button it manage to power up.

Anyone have encounter this issue?

Rgds,
ab

Happened to me once while searching for location and it was on car charger (battery was not flat). Didn't managed to power it up with or without charging. After hours later, I managed to power it up and no more problem since then.

sherwoei

I encounter this issue once as well with my newly purchased nuvi 1350. it's not able to power on although pressing the power on tact switch several times. Several hours later, it becomes OK . The battery power indicates full power. is that a bug ?

hope the next firmware upgrade, it will fix.

1. intermittently not able to power on bug issue
2. In navigation mode, no indicator for POI name & icon issue.

*have reported this issue to Garmin Technical suport by e-mail (03/01/10)

mszetokk

Postby mszetokk » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:42 pm

bose00 wrote:
sherwoei wrote:
rku140 wrote:Hi all,

I have encountered on 3 separate occurance that my Nuvi 1350T had a power shut down and not able to power up eventhough after full charging via USB and external power source.
On my first encounter, after several times hitting the power button, it managed to power up.
On my second encounter, it power shut down yesterday evening, not able to power up after overnight charging. I have to send it to the local agent (today) but when the agent plug-in to the external source, it able to power up and the agent told me that the battery is full and not sure why it did not power up by itself.
My third encounter is this evening when I am on the way home, I was trying to change some setting and of the sudden it died, I have to plug in my car battery charger for a while, after couple on times pressing the power button it manage to power up.

Anyone have encounter this issue?

Rgds,
ab

Happened to me once while searching for location and it was on car charger (battery was not flat). Didn't managed to power it up with or without charging. After hours later, I managed to power it up and no more problem since then.

sherwoei

I encounter this issue once as well with my newly purchased nuvi 1350. it's not able to power on although pressing the power on tact switch several times. Several hours later, it becomes OK . The battery power indicates full power. is that a bug ?

hope the next firmware upgrade, it will fix.

1. intermittently not able to power on bug issue
2. In navigation mode, no indicator for POI name & icon issue.

*have reported this issue to Garmin Technical suport by e-mail (03/01/10)

I have the same exact problem. The unit shut down on a full battery, while connected to the car power socket. Refused to start after that - I managed to power up the unit after holding down the power button for over a minute.

chew85
Location: PJ, Selangor (nüvi® 205, nüvi® 1350, PAPAGO! X5 iPhone)

Postby chew85 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:03 pm

i just figure out Nuvi 1350 the zooming feature, make the CUSTOM POI icon disapear.

fooklee
Valued Contributor

Postby fooklee » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:16 am

Upgrade the 1350 with latest 2.30 firmware. and it will lock the zoom level always @ 50M which make POI appear for the preloaded MSM map. but I think we have some issue with the POI display in MFM recently.

chew85
Location: PJ, Selangor (nüvi® 205, nüvi® 1350, PAPAGO! X5 iPhone)

Postby chew85 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:50 am

i already using the latest firmware. THe autozoom wont be locked, it still will auto zooming!

fooklee
Valued Contributor

Postby fooklee » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:14 am

park your car near the POI and manual zoom to 50 M. you should see the poi display. Drive off a and the unit will always try to lock @ the preset value when you travel slow on the road but the moment you go to the highway or at certain speed, the autozone will kick in. I have tested on the minor road. it always locked @50m.

tks

Postby tks » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:09 pm

fooklee wrote:park your car near the POI and manual zoom to 50 M. you should see the poi display. Drive off a and the unit will always try to lock @ the preset value when you travel slow on the road but the moment you go to the highway or at certain speed, the autozone will kick in. I have tested on the minor road. it always locked @50m.

Doesn't this mean that it does NOT autolock? In the older Nuvis (but not all), it autolocks and does not autozoom. I find autozoom very irritating for local use.

Laichh

Garmin nuvi 1310 Map Storage in Internal Memory...

Postby Laichh » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:52 pm

Hi all,

I just had my new Garmin nuvi 1310 for 2 days now. As an nuvi 250 user before so I have no problem using the device... However, I have a few question about the new 1310...

1. When I download the MFM custom POI & run the .exe file, which format should I generate for my nuvi 1310...??? The instruction in the .exe file says .wav for nuvi 2xx/2xxW series while .mp3 for other's... I guess I should use .wav but haven't have chance to test it yet.

2. A bigger problem here. The folder structure of the new 13xx series seems different from the older 2xx/2xxW series. I couldn't locate the folder that store the .img map file in the internal memory. I copy the .img file into the E:\Garmin folder but the device cannot load the map from there. Temporary solution: I have to use a micro SD card, create a folder as F:\Garmin & store the .img file there & it works.

FYI, I bought this 1310 from UK & my friend help me to bring it back. This version is only available in Europe, it is basically a 1300 with bluetooth built in.

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:24 pm

1. Since it does not support MP3 playback, I believe you should use the WAV version or GMXT version (default tone).

2. For Nuvi1xxx series, just create a folder named "Map" at the root directory (ie. ?:\Map) and place all IMG files within that folder. And there is NO strict naming to adhere to unlike older Nuvis which can only recognize GMAPOEM.IMG, GMAPSUPP.IMG, GMAPPROM.IMG and GMAPPROM1.IMG.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

Laichh

Postby Laichh » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:51 pm

dvpro wrote:1. Since it does not support MP3 playback, I believe you should use the WAV version or GMXT version (default tone).

2. For Nuvi1xxx series, just create a folder named "Map" at the root directory (ie. ?:\Map) and place all IMG files within that folder. And there is NO strict naming to adhere to unlike older Nuvis which can only recognize GMAPOEM.IMG, GMAPSUPP.IMG, GMAPPROM.IMG and GMAPPROM1.IMG.

Thanks, now works fine... :D

Return to “GPS Devices”