Garmin Nuvi 1350

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Can Garmin USA units be used in Malaysia?

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:40 pm

shakyhand wrote:Hi,

I'm a newbie with this GPS stuff. Currently I'm using Samsung phone with Garmin GPS software. It has been great. However, I want to buy dedicated Garmin unit. I love outdoors and would like to buy Garmin 60Csx.

I compare local price and the one in ebay... about RM600 difference... but I read that the US unit come with
pre-loaded US basemap.

so, my question is, can I used the ebay US unit in Malaysia?

Thank you

GPS can be used anywhere in the world. It is the maps that you need for region you are in that makes navigation possible.

drsec
Location: Subang Jaya, (Nuvi255W, GMXT on HTC HD2 & Diamond, Nuvi360, Navman F20, PaPaGo X5 on WM6.5)

Postby drsec » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:48 pm

No problems in using a US or for that matter any Garmin anywhere else in the world.

I am using a US and a Europe unit in Malaysia.

I will be driving in Europe with my US unit and my friend will be on a driving holiday in NZ with is US unit.

shakyhand

Postby shakyhand » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:47 pm

Thanks guys for the revelation... I think I'm going for the ebay unit... I regularly buy photographic equipment from the ebay....

How about the tax? How many percent is the custom tax?? Anybody knows?

Thank you

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:59 pm

Apart from the customs tax, you would also need to apply and pay the fee for Sirim AP.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

PcWork

Re: Nuvi 1350

Postby PcWork » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:34 pm

1350 got one majour draw back compare to 255 leh. IF 255. i can view map of my favourite then i can select places nearby to places saved in my favourite . let say i not sure what adderess that is. or sometime cannot search. i view my fav. then i view map. scroll it around. and then point to the certain point and can click go. but in 1350. cannot do that. when i view FAV. in the map. no matter how i click. the mouse cursor won't come out. and it just fix to the fav i added.

for example. i wanna go desa petaling. nearby to mid valley. i access menu by fav. then see midvalley or i search for mid valley in POI.
then i view the map BUT I CANNOT select other places in the map. it fixed to view midvalley as center only. even when i zoom in / out oso, although i had scrolled to other places. it will zoom as midvalley in center.

and the 1350 actually hang 3 time when i try to zoom the map out so that i can point singapore and surf around singapore road and KL road

how to fix that ah..
i really need the feature. because sometimes. my friend house doens't spell the same as in the garmin. so i need to manually scroll it over to their place and select a point to save in fav. so i will need to search some petrol station near their place. and manually scroll it over to their house.
but 1350 CANNOT do that..

tks

Postby tks » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:12 pm

I find that the newer the Garmin device, the more user unfriendly it becomes.

I had the chance to play around the 1350 for only about 15 mins, but the experience was not good. My initial impression:

1. The zoom in/out buttons are too small and close to one another.
2. Earlier models, I just need to hit the "Menu" button or Vehicle. This new menu, I have problems. Always unsure what to press.
3. I had difficulties trying to set my car to new location. tried several times before I got it right
4. Whenever I view map of searched POI, an irritating label pops up that blocks some of the view. I could not remove that label. When I touch it, it goes into more options. Sigh.

I hope it is simply because I am not familiar with the new device, and not because it is really that bad.

chew85
Location: PJ, Selangor (nüvi® 205, nüvi® 1350, PAPAGO! X5 iPhone)

Postby chew85 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:50 am

Bro PcWork, i had the same problem with you, i still cant find a fix. But i already send a email to GARMIN to fix that. Hope you send them an email about it as well, the more people complaint, the more faster they fix it.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:07 am

PcWork wrote:1350 got one majour draw back compare to 255 leh. IF 255. i can view map of my favourite then i can select places nearby to places saved in my favourite . let say i not sure what adderess that is. or sometime cannot search. i view my fav. then i view map. scroll it around. and then point to the certain point and can click go. but in 1350. cannot do that. when i view FAV. in the map. no matter how i click. the mouse cursor won't come out. and it just fix to the fav i added.

for example. i wanna go desa petaling. nearby to mid valley. i access menu by fav. then see midvalley or i search for mid valley in POI.
then i view the map BUT I CANNOT select other places in the map. it fixed to view midvalley as center only. even when i zoom in / out oso, although i had scrolled to other places. it will zoom as midvalley in center.

and the 1350 actually hang 3 time when i try to zoom the map out so that i can point singapore and surf around singapore road and KL road

how to fix that ah..
i really need the feature. because sometimes. my friend house doens't spell the same as in the garmin. so i need to manually scroll it over to their place and select a point to save in fav. so i will need to search some petrol station near their place. and manually scroll it over to their house.
but 1350 CANNOT do that..

Bro PcWork, out of curiosity, is yours a localized unit with official Garmin NT maps loaded. If so, does this happen with Official Garmin NT maps or it is unique to MFM maps only ?

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:10 am

chew85 wrote:Bro PcWork, i had the same problem with you, i still cant find a fix. But i already send a email to GARMIN to fix that. Hope you send them an email about it as well, the more people complaint, the more faster they fix it.

Bro chew85, my tip to you, Garmin entertains only feedbacks on issues with their products ONLY. Any other maps, having problem they will not entertain .... ](*,)

So have you tried using their Garmin NT maps if yours is localized unit ?

chew85
Location: PJ, Selangor (nüvi® 205, nüvi® 1350, PAPAGO! X5 iPhone)

Postby chew85 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:24 pm

This the reply i just get from Garmin.
Dear CH,

Thanks for contacting GARMIN corp.

1. The software of nuvi1350 and nuvi255w are quite different. As for nuvi765, 14xx and 13xx do not show POI icons in navigation mode as this feature would affect the calculation speed. Papago has cooperated with MFM, so Garmin is not going to take MFM into consideration at the moment.

2. About searching and saving probelm you stated, I have passed the message to our relevant department. They will have a further check on this issue.

Thank you for your patience in advance.

When replying to this message please be sure to include all previous correspondences.

Best regards,

Denise Ting
Marketing Dept, GARMIN Corp.
Add: No. 68, Jhangshu 2nd Road, Sijhih, Taipei County 221, Taiwan
Tel: 02-2642-8999 Ext: 6866

Return to “GPS Devices”