Garmin Nuvi 1350

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
rayyen

Re: Nuvi 1350

Postby rayyen » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:13 pm

I have bought one Garmin 1350 from Taiwan. I tried to load few maps from MFM into my device. (Indonesia, Singapore&Malaysia).
My problems as following
1. But now my device cannot boot up. it hang as the stage of loading map and the screen freeze and hang like that.
2. When i tried to connect to few laptops, it does not shown to detect any of the USB devices. Nothing at all.
But i already switch my device to USB mass storage.

Pls advice me...how to rescue my devices....

Thanks

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:19 pm

Looks like the map in Nuvi is corrupted and therefore preventing Nuvi from booting up normally. If the map is installed in data card, you can just simply remove the card and reinstall the map, but if it's installed in Nuvi's memory, then it's going to be a bit difficult. First, you can try to install a working map (any IMG map file) in \Map folder of a data card and insert it into Nuvi, and try connecting to PC. If it is able to connect as USB mass storage device, remove all IMG files that you have installed previously.

However, if the above is not able to get Nuvi detected, the other method is to flash Nuvi with a cure RGN firmware specifically for disabling Nuvi from reading IMG files while booting up. This method will allow Nuvi to boot up, albeit lacking the ability to read IMG map files. Once it's able to connect in USB mass storage mode, remove all IMG files that you have installed previously. Finally, Nuvi should be flashed with a normal RGN to restore it's firmware. Depending on Nuvi model/localization, the appropriate RGN can be obtained from the internet, or you can create it yourself. However, for the record, I need to mention that I have not had any experience creating and using RGN firmware on a Nuvi 1xxx series.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

localist

Postby localist » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:36 pm

PcWork wrote:1350 got one majour draw back compare to 255 leh. IF 255. i can view map of my favourite then i can select places nearby to places saved in my favourite . let say i not sure what adderess that is. or sometime cannot search. i view my fav. then i view map. scroll it around. and then point to the certain point and can click go. but in 1350. cannot do that. when i view FAV. in the map. no matter how i click. the mouse cursor won't come out. and it just fix to the fav i added.

for example. i wanna go desa petaling. nearby to mid valley. i access menu by fav. then see midvalley or i search for mid valley in POI.
then i view the map BUT I CANNOT select other places in the map. it fixed to view midvalley as center only. even when i zoom in / out oso, although i had scrolled to other places. it will zoom as midvalley in center.

I came from a 205w and I'm also very disappointed that the 1350 is not able to do this. Should have read this sooner and went for the 255w instead :(

Update:
I emailed Garmin Corp Taiwan about the 1350's lack of ability to select a point other than the result of a POI search in the same map. This is the reply I got:

"Thanks for contacting GARMIN corp. I have passed the message to the relevant department and was informed that the stated problem is going to be fixed by the next software upgrade. Thank you for your patience in advance. "

zuko

Postby zuko » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:22 pm

I'm having issues(no custom icons on MFM,...) with this unit initially,but after installing the latest MSM-4.16(gmapsupp.img - ready made ) in the /map folder,then disable this MSM map with only the MFM - ver 100111 selected,....now everything is visible using malfreemaps. :thumbsup:

dunno why..so long it works....

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:47 pm

zuko wrote:then disable this MSM map

Can you verify that all 3 MSM (v4.16) maps are disabled at Map Info?

zuko

Postby zuko » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:57 pm

yup..all 3 MSM 4.16

oNLY SELECTED ARE mfm-gARMIN 100111 and Mfm POI 100111

Hope this helps...
the ready made GMAPSUPP.img file are copied over to the /map directory..not using Mapsource to transfer

hope this helps..

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:04 pm

Thanks for sharing. Can you also try similar setup with latest MFM100308 (with and without "enabling custom icon display for Nuvi 765...")? :tq:

zuko

Postby zuko » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:15 pm

will try tonite maybe.... :wink: can't download MFM from your hosting site..I guess my office PC blocked it..heheh

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:18 pm

No problem, in the meantime maybe you might want to try downloading the RAR file (instead of the EXE): http://www.1gps.com.my/download/mfm/MFM ... 100308.rar

comeonesticks

Postby comeonesticks » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:32 pm

I have this question...
I was using 205W and when i load the malfreemaps, i was able to see the block numbers and what the building is while i was driving. Now, it seems to only select a few and display on my 1350.
I chose map detailed to most. On the preview, i was able to see all the block numbers appearing but when i was on the map, i cannot see it.

anyone with the same problem??

Return to “GPS Devices”