Garmin Nuvi 1350

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
jjtan33

Re: Nuvi 1350

Postby jjtan33 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:42 am

Hi people,

I have finally found the solution!! For this garmin model, we need to create a folder call "Map" then only you can dump in all the maps into this folder.
After storing all your maps into the folder "Map" you are able to see all the maps in your Garmin application.
Thank You.

Best Regards,
JJ the Noob

PcWork

Postby PcWork » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:13 pm

tks wrote:
Instead of trying to put the cursor on a un-named road/location via "Favourites", can you do so via "View Map" or "Browse Map"? Here, I am assuming you want to "point" the cursor at a particular location so as to navigate to that "point" from your current location.

As for setting location, it is possible but I took a long time to do it. But I am not familiar with the unit and had it only for about 15 mins. Since you have the device, you should be able to do it once you know how to. Here, by "set location", I am referring to the situation of GPS off/simulation mode on, and you want to manually shift the location of your vehicle to a new location.

yeah i did stated on my earlier post that it is only can manually set location inside view map.
but imagine. if u wanna set a location in singapore? or set location of penang while u in KL?
i have to zoom out all the way until i see whole semenanjung, and then zoom back in again. and when i attemp to do that. the 1350 actually hang 3 times. and i was force to restart it.

gizmoe

Postby gizmoe » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:31 am

Not sure if this is related, but have you tried the "search near" function and set the location to singapore or something like that (assuming you're somewhere else?)

PcWork

Postby PcWork » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:46 pm

gizmoe wrote:Not sure if this is related, but have you tried the "search near" function and set the location to singapore or something like that (assuming you're somewhere else?)

inside view map. there's no search near function
and if we use esarch near. inside poi menu
we can't manually set location although we can search it.

rku140 wrote:Hi all,

I have encountered on 3 separate occurance that my Nuvi 1350T had a power shut down and not able to power up eventhough after full charging via USB and external power source.
On my first encounter, after several times hitting the power button, it managed to power up.
On my second encounter, it power shut down yesterday evening, not able to power up after overnight charging. I have to send it to the local agent (today) but when the agent plug-in to the external source, it able to power up and the agent told me that the battery is full and not sure why it did not power up by itself.
My third encounter is this evening when I am on the way home, I was trying to change some setting and of the sudden it died, I have to plug in my car battery charger for a while, after couple on times pressing the power button it manage to power up.

Anyone have encounter this issue?

Rgds,
ab

no. never have this. just it hangs 3 times when i attemp to zoom all out .

comeonesticks

Postby comeonesticks » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:40 pm

Just to check with you all.. Does MFM have lane assist for this GPS? Or only MSM has that function??/

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:09 am

comeonesticks wrote:Just to check with you all.. Does MFM have lane assist for this GPS? Or only MSM has that function??/

Our Garmin maps currently does not have this feature.

comeonesticks

Postby comeonesticks » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:54 am

Is there a plan for implementation? or its just software limitation of the mappings?
If there is a need, i humbly offer my services.. even though i know nuts....I do not mind learning at all..
I really prefer MFM....haha

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:23 am

comeonesticks wrote:Is there a plan for implementation? or its just software limitation of the mappings?
If there is a need, i humbly offer my services.. even though i know nuts....I do not mind learning at all..
I really prefer MFM....haha

Thanks for the offer but unfortunately right now our map compiler does not have this feature. Hopefully it will be available soon

comeonesticks

Postby comeonesticks » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:09 pm

I am really looking forward to it!

Thanks...

sherwoei

Postby sherwoei » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:37 pm

rku140 wrote:Hi all,

I have encountered on 3 separate occurance that my Nuvi 1350T had a power shut down and not able to power up eventhough after full charging via USB and external power source.
On my first encounter, after several times hitting the power button, it managed to power up.
On my second encounter, it power shut down yesterday evening, not able to power up after overnight charging. I have to send it to the local agent (today) but when the agent plug-in to the external source, it able to power up and the agent told me that the battery is full and not sure why it did not power up by itself.
My third encounter is this evening when I am on the way home, I was trying to change some setting and of the sudden it died, I have to plug in my car battery charger for a while, after couple on times pressing the power button it manage to power up.

Anyone have encounter this issue?

Rgds,
ab

Happened to me once while searching for location and it was on car charger (battery was not flat). Didn't managed to power it up with or without charging. After hours later, I managed to power it up and no more problem since then.

sherwoei

Return to “GPS Devices”