Garmin Nuvi 760

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
Jernix

Re: Nuvi 760

Postby Jernix » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:03 pm

Hi fellow 760 users, i'm a new user to Garmin. Juz curious, how come 760 has been discontinued but selling at the authorised Garmin shop in singapore ? Seems like 7xx series have quite a few limitations and they are supposed to be the higher end Garmin is it not ?

1. Would like to check what kinda useful maps did u guys install in your Garmin ? Does your maps work beta with MSM with MFM lite or juz fully install MFM in SG/MYS ?

2. Downloaded the voice of Dr Nightmare from Garmin, dun seem to support TTS rite ? Is there any nice free voice that i can download and able to support TTS as well ?

3. Realised that the bluetooth keeps getting d/c after i put down or hang up my call. Do u have this problem ?

4. Is there any map that i can use that has carpark routes as well ? this 760 keeps telling me to stop at the side of the road beside my block instead of leading me in to my carpark. Or only Mapking has this function ? Is our 760 able to support Mapking ?

Thanx in advance

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:21 pm

Jernix wrote:Hi fellow 760 users, i'm a new user to Garmin. Juz curious, how come 760 has been discontinued but selling at the authorised Garmin shop in singapore ? Seems like 7xx series have quite a few limitations and they are supposed to be the higher end Garmin is it not ?

1. Would like to check what kinda useful maps did u guys install in your Garmin ? Does your maps work beta with MSM with MFM lite or juz fully install MFM in SG/MYS ?
Garmin Hardware will work with Garmin compiled maps. What maps you install are what maps you need. Each individual has his/her own needs

2. Downloaded the voice of Dr Nightmare from Garmin, dun seem to support TTS rite ? Is there any nice free voice that i can download and able to support TTS as well ?
TTS feature will only work with certain Garmin Nuvis. There are 3rd party ones available, some shareware, some freeware., Google is your best friend

3. Realised that the bluetooth keeps getting d/c after i put down or hang up my call. Do u have this problem ?
Check with Garmin Website for compatible hardware. Nuvi does not support all models of cellphones.

4. Is there any map that i can use that has carpark routes as well ? this 760 keeps telling me to stop at the side of the road beside my block instead of leading me in to my carpark. Or only Mapking has this function ? Is our 760 able to support Mapking ?
The purpose of a GPS is to get you to a destination within a certain positional uncertainty. When you can see your block, means you can certainly navigate to the car park. You are free to save a personal POI favorite at your carpark or any other POI up to the limit of your GPS.

Thanx in advance

cheweipok

Postby cheweipok » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:40 pm

May I know do I generate *.rgn for nuvi 760 HWID754? I had tried up2 and merge tool and followed the steps to update firmware but it fails to update the firmware. However, I had downgrade my firmware from 4.8 to 2.5 successfully. BTW, how do I convert my unit to support Junction View?

Someone had created the *.rgn from the earlier post. Do you mind to share how?

Thanks

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Postby tlchuan » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:40 pm

New firmware update for 760 Taiwan only

http://download.garmin.com/tw/download/ ... 0_v320.exe

最新的軟體發行日期是06/02/09。版本由 3.10 到 3.20:

新增隧道語音提示功能。
改善測速照相、收費站語音提示功能。
改善門牌搜尋功能。
改善導航時抵達目的地的門牌語音提示功能

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:28 am

Just had my Nuvi710's GPS Chipset Type M software version updated to v2.90m via Webupdater. For more info click here: http://www8.garmin.com/support/download ... sp?id=3733
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

diving

Postby diving » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:49 pm

until now still dunn have any solution for us set nv760? any master can advise to flush it to become singmal760 ??
Peace your mind.....
人造事, 天在看!!!

abdulrahmanbius
Valued Contributor
Location: Alor Setar & Jitra & Segamat and now in Penang (Nuvi 760 + eTrex Vista HCx + Papago R5800))

Postby abdulrahmanbius » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:07 am

diving wrote:until now still dunn have any solution for us set nv760? any master can advise to flush it to become singmal760 ??

please help us... :prayer: :prayer:

iFiNi

Postby iFiNi » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:57 am

WeiQi00 wrote:
tlchuan wrote:
WeiQi00 wrote:Taiwan version 760 has released software upgrade in order to activate this 3D junction view feature.

Brother do you know how to install 3D juction view ?

Hi bro,
So far either MFM or MSM, even if City Navigator® Singapore/Malaysia NT not yet has this junction view feature.
For What I know, only Taiwan and some of the europe country, garmin has build a team which Responsible for create JCV,
they capture and draw the 3d junction image, use garmin JCV creator software to store all this 3D junction image as a JCV file.
So far I didn't know how this JCV file function, May be somewhere similar with GPI file.
JCV file only Garmin can open and edit it, So far Public still don't have software can open this JCV file.
If you want to try this 3D junction view feature, you can use simulation mode and set lock to Taiwan area.
Of course your nuvi should have Taiwan city navigator v8.60 and Create a folder name "JCV" into your Garmin unit. [for example: F:\Garmin\JCV\ TWCNSTD.JCV <--- this one is Taiwan 3D junction view JCV filename.(at about 150Mbyte)

Bro I have a SG Nuvi 760 set. Junction view is running on my set with latest Malsingmaps NT 2009.5 downloaded from the Garmin website.

Question: does MFM also allow Junction view to work?

My problem is Malsingmaps NT 2009.5 allows Junction view to work well but the POIs and the details on the map suck... :( I love how MFM looks....

Please advise

oliverpool

Postby oliverpool » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:28 pm

bahathir wrote:Yes, that is the idea. :) So 760 US also can use the latest garmin sg/my maps/JCVs. Same as my 7x5 US has been converted to 7x5 TWN. Actually to make the rgn (service firmware) is quite easy with appropriate tools.

Did not see any confirmation if the 760 US/EU set can use the Mal/Sin firmware to support jcv? Thanks .

uncle wong
Regional Mapper
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Selangor - Johor I did not have a GPS device

Postby uncle wong » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:09 pm

abdulrahmanbius wrote:
diving wrote:until now still dunn have any solution for us set nv760? any master can advise to flush it to become singmal760 ??

please help us... :prayer: :prayer:

actually create rgn to flash is easy job , but flash at your own risk .
Enjoy the GPS’s life!

Return to “GPS Devices”