Nuvi 765T Part 4

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
User avatar
spunky2009
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:15 pm
Contact:

Nuvi 765T Part 4

Postby spunky2009 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:18 pm

Topic Continue from Nuvi 765T Part 3 by Alyem 28 Oct 2009


Redstorm wrote:
spunky2009 wrote:Hi all gurus ...
I downloaded the latest junction view update from garmin.com.sg
After going thru all the steps of getting and keying in my unlock code and installing the update - my 765 keeps telling me it can't unlock the map!? Anyone experience this error or is there somethign wrong with the update file? :-?


Where did u install the map and the unlock codes? If the files are named gmapprom1.img and gmapprom1.unl, they should reside in the main memory. You can also use the SD card to store the files, but before you do so, please change the file names to gmapsupp.img and gmapsupp.unl. Thanks.


Thanks for the reply. I followed the instructions on the garmin site and di everything. In fact, the last time I did the update was ok.But only now got this problem. I asked the vendor and was told it is a temporary Garmin Spore error??? Dunno' how much truth is in this? :-?

User avatar
Zeus73
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:37 pm
Location: Yew Tee, Singapore

Re: Nuvi 765T

Postby Zeus73 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:24 pm

spunky2009 wrote:Thanks for the reply. I followed the instructions on the garmin site and di everything. In fact, the last time I did the update was ok.But only now got this problem. I asked the vendor and was told it is a temporary Garmin Spore error??? Dunno' how much truth is in this? :-?

If you have read the site properly, it's written :-
The update is available to nuvi 255W and 760 Sing/Mal with Garmin City Navigator Singapore/Malaysia NT v4.0 or later.

User avatar
spunky2009
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuvi 765T

Postby spunky2009 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:54 am

Zeus73 wrote:If you have read the site properly, it's written :-
The update is available to nuvi 255W and 760 Sing/Mal with Garmin City Navigator Singapore/Malaysia NT v4.0 or later.


Errr ... it says '....760 Sing/Mal' so I assume 765 is included? Or am I wrong here? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

User avatar
kchow24
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:16 pm
Location: Shah Alam. Garmin nuvi200W(sold), nuvi710, nuvi765 & GPSmap 60CSx, Garmin-Asus G60, Zumo550
Contact:

Re: Nuvi 765T

Postby kchow24 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:49 pm

Hi guys...
Need some advise here, mine is Nuvi 765, accidentally switched off the "Highway Exit Screen", tried many way to reset it back but still fail :thumbsdown: ... Any Sifu here can offer your help.....thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
kchow24

User avatar
uncle wong
Regional Mapper
Posts: 888
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:57 am
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Selangor - Johor I did not have a GPS device
Contact:

Re: Nuvi 765T

Postby uncle wong » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:03 am

Tab the highway exit icon then u can see the highway exit info again .
Enjoy the GPS’s life!

User avatar
kchow24
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:16 pm
Location: Shah Alam. Garmin nuvi200W(sold), nuvi710, nuvi765 & GPSmap 60CSx, Garmin-Asus G60, Zumo550
Contact:

Re: Nuvi 765T

Postby kchow24 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:17 am

uncle wong wrote:Tab the highway exit icon then u can see the highway exit info again .


Try that already, but nothing comes out....
Not sure due to what causing it like that, it was fine early until the pass few days nothing show up....
Thanks.
Regards,
kchow24

User avatar
uncle wong
Regional Mapper
Posts: 888
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:57 am
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Selangor - Johor I did not have a GPS device
Contact:

Re: Nuvi 765T

Postby uncle wong » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:25 am

kchow24 wrote:
uncle wong wrote:Tab the highway exit icon then u can see the highway exit info again .


Try that already, but nothing comes out....
Not sure due to what causing it like that, it was fine early until the pass few days nothing show up....
Thanks.

Hard reset plzz :mrgreen:
Enjoy the GPS’s life!

User avatar
kchow24
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:16 pm
Location: Shah Alam. Garmin nuvi200W(sold), nuvi710, nuvi765 & GPSmap 60CSx, Garmin-Asus G60, Zumo550
Contact:

Re: Nuvi 765T

Postby kchow24 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:35 am

uncle wong wrote:
kchow24 wrote:
uncle wong wrote:Tab the highway exit icon then u can see the highway exit info again .


Try that already, but nothing comes out....
Not sure due to what causing it like that, it was fine early until the pass few days nothing show up....
Thanks.

Hard reset plzz :mrgreen:


Sorry to ask...."how to Hard Reset"
Regards,
kchow24

User avatar
uncle wong
Regional Mapper
Posts: 888
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:57 am
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Selangor - Johor I did not have a GPS device
Contact:

Re: Nuvi 765T

Postby uncle wong » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:55 am

Tab & hold the lower right screen & turn on ur nuvi until screen pop up & ask u
do u really want to erase all user data ? :mrgreen:
Enjoy the GPS’s life!

User avatar
cruiser
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Re: Nuvi 765T

Postby cruiser » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:03 am

uncle wong wrote:.....do u really want to erase all user data ? :mrgreen:


He may not wish to compromise on that.... its like back to square 1 !!! :evil:
Image ~ Cruiser ~


Return to “GPS Devices”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests