GPS data logger

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
stimix

GPS data logger

Postby stimix » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:03 pm

I am wondewring what is the best data logger in the market right now that capable of tracking 1sec tracklogs, best in battery lifespan & also the price.

I remembered last time in MSM, there is discussion on Holux 241 data logger but once the product on sales, it was found only able to track 3 sec instead of 1 sec..I hv found this Sanav ML7 which can log 1 sec/data but the battery life very bad & not sure whether any replacemnegt battery http://www.sanav.com/gps_loggers/ml-7.htm

So please share your view on any data logger available in the market... O:)
ImageImage
ImageImage

edchuang (retired)
Regional Mapper (retired)
Location: Shah Alam (GMXT+i-Blue747 Logger, Holux GPSmile62 Pro)

Re: GPS data logger

Postby edchuang (retired) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:16 pm

I use this one:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=202&start=0

Cheap and good. :D

OngCC
Senior Mapper

Postby OngCC » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Holux M241 can do 1s data logging with its latest firmware.
Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs.
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11630

ccwong
JCV Master
JCV Master

Postby ccwong » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:44 pm

found this at lelong.com.my :

http://www.lelong.com.my/Auc/List/2010- ... nction.htm

http://www.lelong.com.my/Auc/List/2008- ... ftware.htm

Cheap :
1. photomate 887 RM260/unit only, free shipping

2. iblue 737, RM280/unit, free shipping
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

edchuang (retired)

Postby edchuang (retired) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:31 pm

ccwong wrote:2. iblue 737, RM280/unit, free shipping

From what I know, i-blue 737 can't do tracklog, it is not a data logger. It can only be used to get gps signal and pair to your phone with gps software. If you want to do 1 sec tracklog, go for i-blue 747.

stimix

Postby stimix » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:38 pm

Yeah I'm looking for more option & the best Data logger, the iblue 737 is indeed a GPSr & not GPS data logger...I dun wan to pair wth my phoen or whatever..just need something good to record tracklogs...My current Sony Vivaz giving me headarche liao...
ImageImage
ImageImage

edchuang (retired)

Postby edchuang (retired) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:39 pm

stimix wrote:Yeah I'm looking for more option & the best Data logger, the iblue 737 is indeed a GPSr & not GPS data logger...I dun wan to pair wth my phoen or whatever..just need something good to record tracklogs...My current Sony Vivaz giving me headarche liao...

The bestest one more expensive wor.....

cwyap
Valued Contributor

Postby cwyap » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:54 pm

At work
We use QStarz BT-Q1000X, which has both data logging and Bluetooth pairing functions.

Easy to configure via desktop. Per full charge - 32 hours running. AGPS (downloadable/updatable via bundled software). Simple 1 button push for marking of POIs. Connects to desktop via USB cable or Bluetooth connection (the latter inadvisable if you are transferring a big data file). Can also act as a mouse GPSr.

Only issue - tracklog is in proprietary format. The bundled software can export to GPX but the GPX file can't be read by MapSource though the website Everytrail's mapping application can read it without problem :-k ; have to run it through GPSMapEdit to get a readable copy to be used with MapSource.

If we have the budget, we will get another 2 units to complement the 2 units currently in used now.

Personally
I use Columbus V900 - also a data logger and Bluetooth GPSr (but no AGPS feature). Slim and sexy compared to QStarz BT-Q1000Z which is bulky though small.

Not as good as QStarz BT-Q1000Z battery life (12 hours max for V900) but the plus point is that it uses removable microSD card (up to 2GB). It can also be set to run on a "spy" mode, i.e. wakes up at pre-determined time, takes a reading and goes to sleep and waits for the next cycle.

Bundled software - leaves lot to be desired. But ok la... can still be used. Data saved in CSV format and I use 3rd party application to convert to GPX.
Last edited by cwyap on Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Courage is not living without fear.
Courage is being scared to death and doing the right thing anyway.
- Chae Richardson

stimix

Postby stimix » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:00 pm

I u dunwan yours liao..u sell to me cip-cip hor :mrgreen: I think this unit no longer in market dy :cry:
edchuang wrote:The bestest one more expensive wor.....
ImageImage
ImageImage

edchuang (retired)

Postby edchuang (retired) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:07 pm

stimix wrote:I u dunwan yours liao..u sell to me cip-cip hor :mrgreen: I think this unit no longer in market dy :cry:
edchuang wrote:The bestest one more expensive wor.....

sorrie....i need it for junction view photo geotagging. [-(

Return to “GPS Devices”