in car nav/sat

Discussions and information on PC-based GPS software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS software only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
jankalman

Re: in car nav/sat

Postby jankalman » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:39 pm

GoLagiSlow4

Postby GoLagiSlow4 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:08 pm

Hi, I'm looking for 1 in car nav to replace on my Teana. Been searching quite a fair bit and ended up only Chinese sets available. 1 of them is the Philips CID-3683 (well, at least it is some brand I know). The problem is that these Chinese sets are installed with the Chinese navigational software like 道道通, 凯立德 etc. rather than Garmin, Papago or Galactio which are more popular here.

Need adv on how do we select unit whether it support other navigational software like Garmin, Papago or Galactio etc? How do I know if the set support? Since the navigational software is installed in the SD card, does it mean that I can just swoop the card will do? Or I have to look into the OS of the unit? Pls adv.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:35 pm

GoLagiSlow4 wrote:Hi, I'm looking for 1 in car nav to replace on my Teana. Been searching quite a fair bit and ended up only Chinese sets available. 1 of them is the Philips CID-3683 (well, at least it is some brand I know). The problem is that these Chinese sets are installed with the Chinese navigational software like 道道通, 凯立德 etc. rather than Garmin, Papago or Galactio which are more popular here.

Need adv on how do we select unit whether it support other navigational software like Garmin, Papago or Galactio etc? How do I know if the set support? Since the navigational software is installed in the SD card, does it mean that I can just swoop the card will do? Or I have to look into the OS of the unit? Pls adv.

Certain Kenwood / Panasonic Head Units come with Garmin Navigational Software

GoLagiSlow4

Postby GoLagiSlow4 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:38 pm

silverbeauty wrote:
GoLagiSlow4 wrote:Hi, I'm looking for 1 in car nav to replace on my Teana. Been searching quite a fair bit and ended up only Chinese sets available. 1 of them is the Philips CID-3683 (well, at least it is some brand I know). The problem is that these Chinese sets are installed with the Chinese navigational software like 道道通, 凯立德 etc. rather than Garmin, Papago or Galactio which are more popular here.

How can we find out if the set using Garmin navigational software?

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:14 pm

GoLagiSlow4 wrote:
silverbeauty wrote:

How can we find out if the set using Garmin navigational software?

Look at the published specs via Kenwood Website of model of interest. It is usually stated there that Navigational software is Garmin.

See example below of their model DNN9350BT. See the word Garmin enclosed by a square :thumbsup:

link : http://www.kenwood.com/sg/car/visual_na ... index.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gilahoya

Postby gilahoya » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:48 pm

Hi
Newbie here. Would like to ask if there is any mobile app on android or ios that can plan multiple destination? Eg, route planner. You key in the destination and it optimize and plan out the routes for you.

If this the wrong place to post, kindly let me know where i can post it?

I found some on App Store but it cost a fair bit. Anything free?

many many thanks

YC

shamsul707398

Re: in car nav/sat for kenwood

Postby shamsul707398 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:07 pm

Dear sir,

My sd card for garmin went missing so i cannot use my in car garmin. how can i get back map for malaysia map so my in car unit can work again. hope ucan help me on this. thank you

Return to “GPS Software & Apps”