GPS Software for New Toyota DVD-AVN

Discussions and information on PC-based GPS software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS software only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
trendlink

Re: GPS Software for New Toyota DVD-AVN

Postby trendlink » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:45 am

gfwong wrote:I have been seeing the same old sh*t since I got my car.
Neither MFM or MSM (pls pardon the inclusion as one member here suggesting contacting them) forum has been helpful.
Bought the car Mar 2015 and until now still no map update and I have given up trying to update on my own as on my previous Toyota-Panasonic-Garmin.

good day can some one who has the T10030 andriod radio iauto, can someone please repost the picture with the map sd card location.. some ome mention about removing a screw area

trendlink

Postby trendlink » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:46 am

gfwong wrote:I have been seeing the same old sh*t since I got my car.
Neither MFM or MSM (pls pardon the inclusion as one member here suggesting contacting them) forum has been helpful.
Bought the car Mar 2015 and until now still no map update and I have given up trying to update on my own as on my previous Toyota-Panasonic-Garmin.

good day can some one who has the T10030 andriod radio iauto, can someone please repost the picture with the map sd card location.. some ome mention about removing a screw area

trendlink

Postby trendlink » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:56 am

gfwong wrote:@rgchai
So far, Toyota Malaysia have not provided any map update and there's no news from them on when a new map will be available. Toyota Malaysia has been ignoring this. I've contacted Toyota Japan and only now they are looking into this matter. Basically the DVD-AVN in my car is just a white elephant.

I've tried renaming the .img to .dat but it wouldn't work.

There's a microSD slot on the right of the HU when you tilt it up. You'll need to unscrew the cover.

can you post or repost a picture of the location for this sdcard ...

thanks and im wondering wonder if osm maps could be converted to dat

Toyota Malaysia is cheating us with this sub-standard HU. I would prefer the older Panasonic unit anytime. Really disappointed with how Toyota Malaysia treats their customer.

rgchai wrote:Hi gfwong, any update so far? I'm having same dilemma on this GPS map update as well, can't find any update from iauto website so far. Just wonder if you just rename the map from from .img to .dat and copy the file into SD Card, see if the new map working or not... :D

I haven't try to take the SD card out yet, never know there is SD Card inside... :-k Btw, how you take out the SD card? Need to unscrew something? Just take out the SD Card without turn off the car/player?

can you repost or post a picture where the map sd card is located

trendlink

Postby trendlink » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:44 am

lengzaii33 wrote:Sorry to revive this post. I still wonder can anyone analyse the type of maps used in this crappy Toyota Pioneer DVD-AVN system so that we can update the map. My map stuck at 2014 and is unusable.

The contents in the sd card: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hJFlI9 ... sp=sharing (229MB)

I have tried numerous gps maps trying to convert the img to dat or dat to img and cant find any thing that reads this dat map file

any luck as yet

Return to “GPS Software & Apps”