Can delete Archive files in Garmin?

Discussions and information on PC-based GPS software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS software only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
Franklkk

Can delete Archive files in Garmin?

Postby Franklkk » Tue May 16, 2017 7:13 pm

Hi all,

I noticed that my Garmin GPS have developed quite a number of files in my GPX - Archive folders. This also taken up big storage space where I am not able to update my map due to no enough storage space.

Can I delete all the files? Some files even dated from 2014.

Hope the kaki here can give me some advice.

Thanks in advance.

mechanic_guna

Re: Can delete Archive files in Garmin?

Postby mechanic_guna » Tue May 16, 2017 8:27 pm

Dear Sir,
You may backup the archive folders found in your Garmin GPS to your computer. Then you may safely delete the archive folders from your device.

Franklkk

Re: Can delete Archive files in Garmin?

Postby Franklkk » Fri May 19, 2017 8:28 pm

mechanic_guna wrote:Dear Sir,
You may backup the archive folders found in your Garmin GPS to your computer. Then you may safely delete the archive folders from your device.

Thanks for your advice.

Yes, I have transferred the latest archive files to my laptop. Afterwhich I tried to map update from Garmin website. However, when I clicked install the map update. Error msg said that "unlock code error".

I then copy back the archive files to the archive folder. I start the map update process again and it started to update and installed in my garmin GPS.

I believed that the unload code is save in one of the archive file.

Return to “GPS Software & Apps”