GARMIN Mobile™ 10 軟體更新版本 5.00.30w( 僅適用於WM)

Discussions and information on PC-based GPS software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS software only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
SEuser

Re: GARMIN Mobile™ 10 軟體更新版本 5.00.30w( 僅適用於WM)

Postby SEuser » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:51 pm

thsalbert wrote:
SEuser wrote:
thsalbert wrote:On your PC, highlighted this file, right click property. If you see gmsup.txt. Just deleted the text, OK. This file will be without txt. copy back into device\Garmin folder, voila.
On my office when I saved it alway gave me gmsup.txt.
Your font folder need Chinese.ttf else also prompted you "Please re-insert SD card". You can downloaded in the first post.

Still unsuccessful. Don't know where go wrong.Noe my font folder have Chinese.TTF and ori_Chinese.TTF

Used the file size about 7.794MB. I just encountered the 10mb Chinese.ttf have this problem on my China WM5 phone but without any problem on my Samsung Omnia. Now attached three version of GMSUP, unrared one of the file. _th for Thai, _tw for Taiwan and _ch for China.
Which Phone are you using?

Hi,

Thanks .... finally got it works. My issue is the ori_Chinese.ttf. Rename it to Chinese.ttf and it works. I am using Samsung Omnia 16G. Do you find the searching of Satellites takes very long ? Sometimes as long as 3-4 minutes.

* PS :- Can't display the name on My Locations. All My Locations go blank. Anyone encountered this issue?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SEuser on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thsalbert

Postby thsalbert » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:02 pm

SEuser,
Happy your problem solved. I was using the enhance GPS mode. It get the fix within the few second. Without the Enhance GPS mode and the weather is good it generally can get the fix within 2 minute.

you can used capsure to done the screen shoot. Downloaded from here: http://freewareppc.com/download/graphics/capsure.shtml
Last edited by thsalbert on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Samsung Omnia2, IPAQ 6965, Dopod 818pro,Garmin 10x, GMXT Taiwan version.
SE P910i + nhGPS +BT-338 for outdoor geocaching Game.

kartun

Postby kartun » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:11 am

Hi,

Thanks .... finally got it works. My issue is the ori_Chinese.ttf. Rename it to Chinese.ttf and it works. I am using Samsung Omnia 16G. Do you find the searching of Satellites takes very long ? Sometimes as long as 3-4 minutes.

* PS :- Can't display the name on My Locations. All My Locations go blank. Anyone encountered this issue?

i have the same problem too. ALL MY LOCATIONS GO BLANK. PLEASE HELP.

thsalbert

Postby thsalbert » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:36 am

kartun wrote:

Hi,

i have the same problem too. ALL MY LOCATIONS GO BLANK. PLEASE HELP.

This problem was you problely from GMXT US to Taiwan. If you saved your data current.gpx from previouly installed GMXT which located in Device\Garmin\GPX folder. Copied it back to the same location in Taiwan version. Run GMXT it will started to inport back into your my favalous. Else installed back your previously GMXT. Save in mapsource, once you installed back GMXT Taiwan. Used mapsource send to device. Re-created new one.

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Postby tlchuan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:50 pm

Finally got it install. :peace:

thsalbert

Postby thsalbert » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:36 am

GMXT 5.00.30tw Thai version.

A) Your Thai friends may need your help for GMXT Thai. I attached Thai version.zip here. Just unziped Thai version.zip, it contents Garmin\Apps\GMSUP, Garmin\Font\Thai.ttf and Garmin\Voice\Thai__.vpm
1) Copy the Garmin folder into SD Card root, it will replaced or added the gmsup, Thai.ttf and Thai__.vpm in the appropriete folder.
Run GMXT and it become Thai and English version.

B) Thai input which was worked in my Samsung Omnia.
1) PDAMobizThaiEnabled_v2.1.WM5.sa.cab
2) rasco Thai RKeyboard_p.ARM.CAB
Which can be download from here:
http://res0.esnips.com/doc/e0408c34-547 ... hai-Enable
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JayCee

Postby JayCee » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:20 pm

One has to be very patient to understand the instructions even though you're conversant with both Chinese and English. Apart from Chinese and English, I have discovered posts also written in Chinglish and Singlish. I have spent 4-5 serious hours to understand (sometimes have to guess) the meaning of all posts from this thread before my adventure. Luckily I was able to bring this version up and running with my O2-Atom with few slight reworks because of misunderstanding. Hence, I would like to share a very detailed step-by-step (mostly DOS Mode) upgrading procedure in plain English. I hope this procedure is helpful to all new "adventurers" and save their time. I am not publishing an Windows base procedure here simply because I don't have a screen capture software installed, too time consuming to prepare and too huge an instruction document to post here.

A. System environment and configuration:
a. O2 Atom with 2gb SD card (It can be shared but need at least 1gb reserverd for GMXT)
b. Start>Setting>System>About : O/S is MS WM v5.0 [OS 5.1.195 (build 14929.2.2.1)]
c. Start>Setting>System>System Info : ROM:20060426B1WWE
d. Installed Garmin software : GMXT 5.00.20w USA with MFM 1.51

B. Installagtion:
a. Backup existing Garmin foldefrs
1. Connect PDA to computer thru Active Sync
* Copy device\Garmin C:\Garmin; Renname C:\Garmin C:\Garmin_Device_OLD
* Copy SD\Garmin C:\Garmin; Rename C:\Garmin C:\Garmin_SD_OLD
* Rename device\Garmin device\Garmin_OLD (you can also Delete it if capacity is tight)
* Rename SD\Garmin SD\Garmin_OLD (you can also delete it if capacity is tight)
* Quit Actice Sync
* Take out SD card and put SD card into an usb card reader
* Plug card reader into usb port of a computer; should be recognized as E: drive
2. Prepare folders/directories for all DLed files
* C:; CD \; mkdir GMXT_TW (create top folder to keep all DLed files)
* CD GMXT_TW; mkdir GMXT_50030w; mkdir Chinese_Font
* Download GMXT_5.00.30w
$ go to http://www.garmin.com.tw/products/Garmi ... nload.html {content in Chinese}
$ go to http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... nload.html {content in English
$ locate "5.00.30w" (in blue color) 3rd from top on the rightmost column
$ move mouse pointer to leftmost column on same line on top of "3. GARMIN MOBILE 10" (in blue color)
$ double-click and new page comes up
$ you should be able to see "Download (13.5MB)" on the top part of the page
$ double-click to start download "GarminMobileXT_5_00_30_WM_TW_Online.exe"
$ move "GarminMobileXT_5_00_30_WM_TW_Online.exe" to C:\GMXT_TW\GMXT_50030w
* Dowload Chinese font
$ go to "http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1829"
$ locate "China version.rar" in post and download
$ move file into C:\GMXT_TW\Chinese_Font
3. Unzip/Uncompressed files
* CD C:\Garmin_TW\Chinese_Font
$ double-click "China version.rar" and extract output to the same directory
* CD C:\Garmin_TW\GMXT_50030w
$ double-click "Garmin_Mobile_XT_5_00_30_WM_TW.exe" and click "Run"
$ specify to install to same directory and click "install"
4. Prepare an old Garmin copy on SD
* E: (assuming SD is on E:; change working directory to E:)
* Copy Garmin_OLD Garmin (mainly to use back old maps and license)
5. Now merge the just created Garmin package in step 3 with E:\Garmin
* C:
* CD \Garmin_TW\GMXT_50030w
* Copy 2577 E:\ (new directory)
* Copy "Garmin Mobile XT.exe" E:\ (new execution file)
* Copy Readme.txt E:\ (new file)
* CD Garmin (go one level down)
* Copy Apps E:\Garmin (new directory)
* Copy Fonts E:\Garmin (new directory)
* CD Voice (go one level down)
* Copy *.* E:\Garmin\Voice\*.* (merging the voice files)
* I keep the vehicle symbols, so no copy (not sure if they have new symbols or not)
6. Copy the Chinese Font into E:\Garmin\Fonts
* Copy C:\Garmin_TW\Chinese_Font\China version E:\Garmin\Fonts\*.*
7. Optional Cleanup and backup
* If SD space is tight, you can also delete the following directories
$ E:\ (change working directory)
$ rmdir EULA /s /q
$ rmdir Help /s /q
$ rmdir WM /s /q
$ If possible, make a backup of E:\ before inserting back to PDA
C. Tsting and Configuration
a. Testing
1. Now, we are about to test out the installation
* If possible, make a soft reset of the PDA
* Take SD out from reader and insert SD back to PDA slot
* Wait for a moment and PDA will ask if you want to install Garmin Mobile XT ==> "YES"
* After the installatiuon, PDA will ask if you want to launch GMXT ==> "NO"
2. Start GMXT manually and configure:
* Click Start>Garmin Mobile XT
* You should have no trouble to get to "Where to?" screen (in Chinese)
* Click the spanner symbol and then click spanner symbol again with next screen
* Click display symbol; clcik 3rd entry (row) from top; click "American English"
* Click 4th entry (row) and ensure the two (2) square boxes are unchecked
(can't remember - you may have th English display already)
(Uncheck the 2 square boxes forces KB input is English)
3. You are here is because you have just completed the entire installation successfully.

Above procedure was prepared after the fact. Most of the steps/instructions have been re-tested. I am quite confident it will work. Please apply necessary correction to make the document error free if you discover trivial errors during installation. The best is that someone can help translating the whole process under Windows environment support by screenshots.

Please note that all credit should still go to Brother thsalbert. I am only editing/assembling instructions given in different posts mostly by Brother thsalbert and others in this thread into one single installation document - which, IMHO, is not a big deal at all.

Thanks and Regards,
JayCee
Last edited by JayCee on Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Postby tlchuan » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:30 pm

:good: still :ko: to read

JayCee

Postby JayCee » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:02 pm

thsalbert wrote:In fact I was using DFU_HMD.TTF and renamed to Chinese.ttf. It worked well on Chinese and Thai version.
By renamed it to Thai.ttf, and I can have the Thai version as well. Also refer to my first post.
DFU_HMD.TTF in order for GMXT to support Chinese(simplified&traditional), Japanese, korean, Vietnamese, & Thai, total 6 fonts

thsalbert,

Currently I am using the Chinese font with GMXT TW version and would like to try DFU_HMD.TTF.
I have downloaded your DFU_HMD.rar, uncompressed it, copied to SD Card, click DFUHMD.cab to install and request to install to \memory card. I am not able to find DFU_HMD.TTF in \memory card (and \device). Can you help me to understand where the DFU_HMD.TTF is stored?

Thank you.
JayCee

thsalbert

Postby thsalbert » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:31 pm

JayCee wrote:
thsalbert wrote:In fact I was using DFU_HMD.TTF and renamed to Chinese.ttf. It worked well on Chinese and Thai version.
By renamed it to Thai.ttf, and I can have the Thai version as well. Also refer to my first post.
DFU_HMD.TTF in order for GMXT to support Chinese(simplified&traditional), Japanese, korean, Vietnamese, & Thai, total 6 fonts

thsalbert,

Currently I am using the Chinese font with GMXT TW version and would like to try DFU_HMD.TTF.
I have downloaded your DFU_HMD.rar, uncompressed it, copied to SD Card, click DFUHMD.cab to install and request to install to \memory card. I am not able to find DFU_HMD.TTF in \memory card (and \device). Can you help me to understand where the DFU_HMD.TTF is stored?

Thank you.
JayCee

un zipped at your PC, renamed to Chinese.ttf. copy to memory card\Garmin\font folder. It should worked for you. But you renamed the original chinese.ttf else it will overwrited.

Return to “GPS Software & Apps”