Garmin Mapsource 6.15.4

Discussions and information on PC-based GPS software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS software only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
rcmaps
VIP Mapper

Re: Garmin Mapsource Software CD ISO File Hosting

Postby rcmaps » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:46 am

sabre23t wrote:
rcmaps wrote:Or listed here under Tips on and hints on using Garmin GPS (making it not obvious) !

Ah. Nice. I've made a link to your page from http://gpsmaps.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_install_Garmin_Mapsource

RC, would you mind helping out with other GPS Maps Wiki articles? I've set the wiki up as a generic wiki for similar GPS Maps mapping communities to MalFreeMaps.

Errine, follow the illustrated guide in the above link.

Thank you Sabre23t

I'll be honoured to do that - but it's yet again something new - haven't had much experience with that interface. I'll have a look and add new articles over time.

I have completed one on ROAD CLASSES AND ROUTING EFFICIENCY IN MAPS which I am about to upload to my website.

Getting the pictures lining up and displaying properly on blinking googlepages is a real pain though!

Hopefully, it's easier on wikia.

Cheers
http://www.rcmaps.nzopengps.org/
Home of Free auto routing Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, New Zealand Topo, Samoa, Niue Garmin GPS maps

hornet
Regional Mapper

Re: Garmin Mapsource

Postby hornet » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:02 pm

Hi Bro.....

Why my Mapsource 6.13.7 with MFM v1.01 shown tiny road line?
Pls compare with the other one.

Pls help.....any suggestion for setting. :ko:

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

waiwcw

Postby waiwcw » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:10 pm

hornet wrote:Hi Bro.....

Pls help.....any sugestion. :ko:

Thank you

Bro Hornet,

If im not wrong, during installation, you choose "Original Roads (For Streetpilots & Nuvis & Mobile XT)"....is it?? :mrgreen:

In order to have thicker road lines.... you need to install it with "Full Customisation".... :)

hornet
Regional Mapper

Postby hornet » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:56 pm

waiwcw wrote:

Pls help.....any sugestion. :ko:

Thank you

Bro Hornet,

If im not wrong, during installation, you choose "Original Roads (For Streetpilots & Nuvis & Mobile XT)"....is it?? :mrgreen:

In order to have thicker road lines.... you need to install it with "Full Customisation".... :)

---- :tq: :tq: :prayer: :prayer: Bro waiwcw. After uninstall & re-install again as your advice it work fine.......so more :tq:

rcmaps
VIP Mapper

Postby rcmaps » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:38 pm

rcmaps wrote:
sabre23t wrote:
rcmaps wrote:Or listed here under Tips on and hints on using Garmin GPS (making it not obvious) !

Ah. Nice. I've made a link to your page from http://gpsmaps.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_install_Garmin_Mapsource

RC, would you mind helping out with other GPS Maps Wiki articles? I've set the wiki up as a generic wiki for similar GPS Maps mapping communities to MalFreeMaps.

Errine, follow the illustrated guide in the above link.

Thank you Sabre23t

I'll be honoured to do that - but it's yet again something new - haven't had much experience with that interface. I'll have a look and add new articles over time.

I have completed one on ROAD CLASSES AND ROUTING EFFICIENCY IN MAPS which I am about to upload to my website.

Getting the pictures lining up and displaying properly on blinking googlepages is a real pain though!

Hopefully, it's easier on wikia.

Cheers

Here it is if anyone is interested...

Sabre23t, will also post onto the wikia later.

Article on different road classesand how to map to achieve routing efficiency
http://www.rcmaps.nzopengps.org/
Home of Free auto routing Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, New Zealand Topo, Samoa, Niue Garmin GPS maps

jovially

Postby jovially » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Pls compare with the other one.

Pls help.....any suggestion for setting. :ko:

Thank you

I notice some of the icon in the map having an abnormal black color background.
I also facing this in 6.13.7 but not in 6.13.6. e.g. shell station or the factory icons.
any advise
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WeiQi00
Polygon Mapper

Postby WeiQi00 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:07 pm

If you change setting at Edit > Preferences > Display > Symbol Size to "Small", then you will not see the Black color background on "Shell", "factory" Icon.
But food icon or Car service icon will be change to single black color.
see below pic. So I think if Display setting is "Large", the "Shell" or other Icon with black background should make bigger to cover up the black background. This is only my thinking. Need for other advise
:thumbsup:Our maps are FREE but we need funds to keep this site going. Please support our HOSTING FUND =D> =D> =D>
Thanks for your support. :tq:

sabre23t

Postby sabre23t » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:07 pm

rcmaps wrote:Sabre23t, will also post onto the wikia later.
Article on different road classesand how to map to achieve routing efficiency
Thanks rcmaps. I'd really appreciate other editors working on http://gpsmap.wikia.com . :-'
4SQ, Waze, GMM, MSM, MFM & OSM ;-}

zamad
Valued Contributor

Missing / Corrupted Building icon in Mapsource

Postby zamad » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:18 pm

I read though the forum (dunno which one now, MFM or MSM) about this problem, but I couldn't find it now. Sigh...

I installed the latest Mapsource (6.14.1) on my Toshiba M600 laptop to see the difference from the previous one (6.13.7). While the graphics were better, the refresh speed was slower then the 6.13.7. When I re-installed the 6.13.7 and ran it, the building icons were not as they were before. The 'building' is now replaced with a white box. This happened on the MFM 1.03 as well as the earlier MSM maps. See attached file.

I tried re-installing 6.13.7 several times (also 6.13.6 once), then installed all the maps, but the problem still remains. :-? Any help is sincerely appreciated.
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Re: Missing / Corrupted Building icon in Mapsource

Postby tlchuan » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:30 pm

Wait for the latest update of mapsource :-'

Return to “GPS Software & Apps”