Garmin MobileXT for S60 3rd Ed 5.00.50

Discussions and information on PC-based GPS software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS software only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
kentcp
Contributor

Re: Garmin MobileXT for S60 3rd Ed 5.00.50

Postby kentcp » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:58 am

76gpsguy wrote:
kentcp wrote:Another encounter a problem before: When you driving, it suddently detect your car on other road, thus it will re-calculate the route again and again. Is it my Nokia N85 phone need calibation or what ? The whole journey from my office back to home, non-stop of detect on wrong road.

Using: Garmin XT Ver5.00.50, Map MFM v1.61

Hope someone can help to rectify the problem. FYI, if i using google map, it works fine. The downside is need 3G services.
Please provide the location. The mapper unable to reolve it without the location. Tq.

I had changed the route preference from faster time to shorter distance, it seem resolve the issue. Let me try for 2 days on tomorrow. Will update you the status. Thanks.

Oya, the journey is from Plaza Sentral to Bandar Mahkota Charas.

76gpsguy
Polygon Mapper

Postby 76gpsguy » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:55 pm

kentcp wrote:I had changed the route preference from faster time to shorter distance, it seem resolve the issue. Let me try for 2 days on tomorrow. Will update you the status. Thanks.

Can you also provide the locations / coordinates where the route recalculation being triggered?

kentcp
Contributor

Postby kentcp » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:21 pm

76gpsguy wrote:
kentcp wrote:I had changed the route preference from faster time to shorter distance, it seem resolve the issue. Let me try for 2 days on tomorrow. Will update you the status. Thanks.

Can you also provide the locations / coordinates where the route recalculation being triggered?

My last experienced is Jalan Cheras, Leisure Mall area. I'm not sure if is my phone GPS detection weak. Anyhow, i was not able to use GPS this few days. Can't get the GPS signal or not enough signal to calculate the route. Fed up.. Is it new release Garmin Car Navigator more high Sensitive on GPS signal ? If so, may want to plan to invest one unit, instead of using phone GPS (feel useless, when need to use, it can't detect signal)

Return to “GPS Software & Apps”