Garmin Firmware/Mapsource/Applications Updates Links-NEW!!

Discussions and information on PC-based GPS software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS software only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Garmin Firmware/Mapsource/Applications Updates Links-NEW!!

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:50 pm

Looks like Mapsource is not compatible with Windows 7 :-k

cflai
Valued Contributor
Location: Seremban (NUVI760 GPSMAP60CSX DOPODU1000 NUVI265WT NUVI1460)

Postby cflai » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:00 pm

Bro Fancheng

Si liao lar. Went to the XP compatible files download area and tried to download the files.

The answer is that with a Windows 7 Home Premium edition,

You are not eligible to download Windows XP Mode. You must have Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate to run Windows XP Mode. To upgrade visit Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade.

Got conned already lah!!!!!

cflai
Valued Contributor

Postby cflai » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:03 pm

silverbeauty wrote:Looks like Mapsource is not compatible with Windows 7 :-k

Bro Silverbeauty

Aiyoyo... now cannot go back to Vista ... cannot go forward to Win 7 Pro or Ultimate, maybe wait for Garmin to update to Mapsource ver 6.15.0 so how, have to wait??? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :cry: :cry: :cry:

cflai
Valued Contributor

Postby cflai » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:13 pm

Bro Fancheng

Ini pun ada... kadang-kadang boleh pakai but zoom in and out then kaput!
ScreenHunter_02 Nov. 18 16.11.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

epi
Valued Contributor

Postby epi » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:52 pm

I have encountered problem of "Previous mapsource not found! Set up will terminate." when I trying to run the mapsource (Old or latest version) by the upgraded windows 7 x64.
I have manage to use the XP mode but the result of the message prompt is the same during installation process.
Any solutions.
I think the only solution is to wait for the Garmin to upgrade the mapsource for windows 7 version.
Too bad.
Thanks.

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:14 pm

Hi Epi, the issue you had encountered has got nothing to do with your version of Windows. Actually, the copy of Mapsource installer is meant for software update, and you need to have a previous version of Mapsource installed, before you can continue with the update. However, there are methods to skip this requirement, one of it is by creating a registry key, which is posted here: viewtopic.php?p=1977#p1977 or install it using a special method explained here: viewtopic.php?p=80460#p80460
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

epi
Valued Contributor

Postby epi » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:34 pm

Thanks for your reply.
Followed the instructions given proceeded to step #3 to run the downloaded Mapsource. Same message appeared again stopping to proceed to finish the mapsource installation.
The previous 2 steps proceeded sucessfully manage to run the created mapsource.reg to add into the registries.
Unable to run the mapsource w/o seeing the step#4 result.
Thanks.

epi
Valued Contributor

Postby epi » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:27 am

dvpro wrote:Hi Epi, the issue you had encountered has got nothing to do with your version of Windows. Actually, the copy of Mapsource installer is meant for software update, and you need to have a previous version of Mapsource installed, before you can continue with the update. However, there are methods to skip this requirement, one of it is by creating a registry key, which is posted here: viewtopic.php?p=1977#p1977 or install it using a special method explained here: viewtopic.php?p=80460#p80460

You are right.
Somehow I found this website solved the problem.
Here: http://openmtbmap.org/tutorials/install-mapsource/.
This information may be useful for those peoples who upgrade their PC OS with problems of downloading mapsource.
Thanks.

chaicka
Polygon Mapper

Postby chaicka » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:15 am

cflai wrote:
silverbeauty wrote:Looks like Mapsource is not compatible with Windows 7 :-k

Bro Silverbeauty

Aiyoyo... now cannot go back to Vista ... cannot go forward to Win 7 Pro or Ultimate, maybe wait for Garmin to update to Mapsource ver 6.15.0 so how, have to wait??? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hmmm... I just have a fresh Windows 7 x64 Enterprise installed with MapSource 6.15.7. Works fine.

cflai
Valued Contributor

Postby cflai » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:49 pm

chaicka wrote:
Hmmm... I just have a fresh Windows 7 x64 Enterprise installed with MapSource 6.15.7. Works fine.

Mmmm.. mine is an Acer Aspire 3810T notebook with Mapsource 6.15.7 Windows 7 Home Premium, have re-installed Windows 7, updated all drivers, and still having he same problem.

I also tried to run Mapsource under "troubleshoot incompatibility" and "as an administrator", zooming stops after a while, and the program disappears or an error report says "Mapsource has stopped working"

ScreenHunter_01 Nov. 25 16.00.gif

Also gets an answer equivalent to "Mapsource incompatible, will inform you when there is a solution" ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Anyone also gets this problem or is it just me and my new Acer 8hr battery 1" thick baby? I am not sure it is the computer or Mapsource (tried previous version with same results) or is it Windows 7??

I am now in Limbo!!!! :ko: :ko: :ko: :fire: :fire: :fire:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “GPS Software & Apps”