Garmin Roadtrip for Mac computers

Discussions and information on PC-based GPS software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS software only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
doraemon
Polygon Mapper

Garmin Roadtrip for Mac computers

Postby doraemon » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:07 pm

For Mac users, you have to use another software call Road Trip... Its mapsource software for mac. You can download from Garmin or here.

But the trouble is you have to install our MFM.exe into windows, then run another set of software call MapConverter for Windows to export MFM map tiles to Mac version. MapConverter for Windows download link in within Road Trip download page.

Then goes back to Mac RoadTrip to install the map.

The difference between RoadTrip and Mapsource.

1. Limited track editing feature. Tracks properties and node detail is available for viewing, and also splitting track.
  2. Save file with FILE > EXPORT to GPX file.
  3. Open .GDB file by FILE > IMPORT

Cheers! :mrgreen:

doraemon
Polygon Mapper

Re: MACINTOSH version of Mapsource

Postby doraemon » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:37 pm

There is a software where you can run windows programs (.exe) on MacOS X.

You do not have to install windows to run them like VM or MS Virtual PC. The software name is CrossOver. Visit http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/.

I have successfully install Mapsource onto MacOS X. But of course, you have to install CrossOver onto your mac first. All windows programs run on top CrossOver.

Surprisingly the performance of Mapsource on CrossOver on Mac is better than Garmin Roadtrip. The performance not as fast as it runs on native WinXP.

With this software, Mac users can enjoy our map and the very same user guides with others windows users.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hoo

Postby Hoo » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:37 pm

thanks for sharing, will try on it in near future when is free!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
aku CINTA pada mu!

Loki
Valued Contributor

Postby Loki » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:18 am

doraemon wrote:For Mac users, you have to use another software call Road Trip... Its mapsource software for mac. You can download from Garmin or here.

But the trouble is you have to install our MFM.exe into windows, then run another set of software call MapConverter for Windows to export MFM map tiles to Mac version. MapConverter for Windows download link in within Road Trip download page.

Then goes back to Mac RoadTrip to install the map.

I've installed RoadTrip but now I'm having trouble running MapConverter. After unzipping it, I click on 'launch MapConverter', and nothing happens.

Can any Mac users help?

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:23 am

MapConverter should be running in a Windows environment, and Mapsource + maps should have been installed prior to executing the conversion. Anyway here's the converted MFM091102 mapset in TGZ format (for use in Mac) -> http://www.sendspace.com/file/qigrxk.

You may view instructions on migrating Garmin map products from Windows to the Mac here (PDF file).
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

Loki
Valued Contributor

Postby Loki » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:50 pm

dvpro wrote:MapConverter should be running in a Windows environment, and Mapsource + maps should have been installed prior to executing the conversion. Anyway here's the converted MFM091102 mapset in TGZ format (for use in Mac) -> http://www.sendspace.com/file/qigrxk.

You may view instructions on migrating Garmin map products from Windows to the Mac here (PDF file).

Yes, that was what I did; running MapConverter (or trying to) on my PC which already have maps installed. I just couldn't get the thing to launch.
Anyway, thanks for the link to the converted map.
cheers.

chiefpirate1

Postby chiefpirate1 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:44 pm

doraemon wrote:Surprisingly the performance of Mapsource on CrossOver on Mac is better than Garmin Roadtrip. The performance not as fast as it runs on native WinXP.

Did you try whether MapConverter can run on Crossover?

doraemon
Polygon Mapper

Postby doraemon » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:24 pm

chiefpirate1 wrote:
doraemon wrote:Surprisingly the performance of Mapsource on CrossOver on Mac is better than Garmin Roadtrip. The performance not as fast as it runs on native WinXP.

Did you try whether MapConverter can run on Crossover?

Never try MapConverter on the Crossover.

You already can run mapsource on the Crossover with better performance compare to Roadtrip, why do i still want to convert the map from PC from everyweek map release?

You can run our map release MFM-Garmin-xxxx09.exe on the Crossover to install map. Then mapsource can display its map on Crossover. Just like an ordinary PC without windows.

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:18 pm

Moved from Library to GPS software. This is not a guide topic O:)

Return to “GPS Software & Apps”