When GPS is stolen...

Share general news, ideas and discussions about GPS and GPS navigation

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discuss general GPS and GPS navigation topics only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
doraemon
Polygon Mapper

Security Alert!

Postby doraemon » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:48 pm

ALERT For users that use PND such as Nuvi and always leave it in the car!

My uncle friends leave his nuvi in the car, park in open space in stadium compound. Thief break in to the car and took his nuvi and house gate remote control.

Guess what, while my uncle friend still in the stadium, the thief use the nuvi to navigate to his house, stole all the valuable belongings and fled off before the stadium event ended. The thief drove the car into the house and took their own sweet time to break open the door. No one seems to suspect anything.

The thief did not take others things in the car. Apparently the thief only interested to break into his house.

For all nuvi user out there, either you take your nuvi with you when you step out from the car; or set security code on the nuvi or do not set your home location to your own house to prevent this unhappy incident.

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Re: Security Alert!

Postby keong8260 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:55 pm

doraemon wrote:ALERT For users that use PND such as Nuvi and always leave it in the car!

My uncle friends leave his nuvi in the car, park in open space in stadium compound. Thief break in to the car and took his nuvi and house gate remote control.

Guess what, while my uncle friend still in the stadium, the thief use the nuvi to navigate to his house, stole all the valuable belongings and fled off before the stadium event ended. The thief drove the car into the house and took their own sweet time to break open the door. No one seems to suspect anything.

The thief did not take others things in the car. Apparently the thief only interested to break into his house.

For all nuvi user out there, either you take your nuvi with you when you step out from the car; or set security code on the nuvi or do not set your home location to your own house to prevent this unhappy incident.

That thief really know how to operate Nuvi...

uncle wong
Regional Mapper
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Selangor - Johor I did not have a GPS device

Postby uncle wong » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:56 pm

:tq: :tq:
Enjoy the GPS’s life!

doraemon
Polygon Mapper

Re: When GPS is stolen...

Postby doraemon » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:03 am

Eh? Same story la...

I didn't realizes it was posted before. :oops: :oops:

Barnes
Valued Contributor

Postby Barnes » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:59 pm

doraemon wrote:ALERT For users that use PND such as Nuvi and always leave it in the car!

We so lucky in spore. We stay in pigeon hole so set home location also useless for the thief. All he can find is the Pigeon Pole with many Pigeon Holes... :peace:

Frens in Msia, please follow instruction and do not set home location unless you stay in Condo or Apartments. :thumbsup:

alfcnka

My Garmin GPS was stolen.

Postby alfcnka » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:54 am

My Garmin GPS was stolen.

Any advice from seniors? What to do next?

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Re: My Garmin GPS was stolen.

Postby JasonLee » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:56 am

Buy a new one. O:)
Lean not on your own understanding

kb27
Valued Contributor

Postby kb27 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:40 pm

I lived in Sg hdb block. My HOME is an open carpark besides another multistorey carpark surrounded by more hdb blocks.

Don't think the thieves would know where my real home is. :D

But it's good practice not to leave your gps in your car in the first place. Same as handphone. I always carry it in my bag or pocket.

zuree
Valued Contributor

Re: My Garmin GPS was stolen.

Postby zuree » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:58 pm

JasonLee wrote:Buy a new one. O:)

or the 2nd hand one :$gone:

Inggo
Contributor
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED

Postby Inggo » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:33 pm

see this GPS LOCK
http://www.gpsmaplock.com/
so.. don't worry anymore for leaving gps in the car :mrgreen:
...maybe the -m'force'm- will be with you, always.. :peace:
:mrgreen: Skywalker

Return to “General GPS Forum”