How to load malfreemap into *internal memory*

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
SaenchaiKingstar

How to load malfreemap into *internal memory*

Postby SaenchaiKingstar » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:29 pm

Hi,
I've always copied the malfreemap into my SD card. I have a Zumo 550. However, I'd like to free up space on the SD card for MP3 songs, and would like to move the malfreemap into internal memory instead.

When I bought my set, the internal map is a North American map. Is there a way to backup this map on my PC, then overwrite it with mapfreemap, and then clear up my SD card?

Thanks.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: How to load malfreemap into *internal memory*

Postby silverbeauty » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:05 pm

SaenchaiKingstar wrote:Hi,
I've always copied the malfreemap into my SD card. I have a Zumo 550. However, I'd like to free up space on the SD card for MP3 songs, and would like to move the malfreemap into internal memory instead.

When I bought my set, the internal map is a North American map. Is there a way to backup this map on my PC, then overwrite it with mapfreemap, and then clear up my SD card?

Thanks.

You are advised to buy a bigger memory card. It is cheap la ...

Any corruption of main memory can result in a expensive paper weight Zumo :-'

SaenchaiKingstar

Re: How to load malfreemap into *internal memory*

Postby SaenchaiKingstar » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:21 pm

oooohh...like that ah...ok thanks!

Return to “Newbie Lounge”