Garmin 205

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
ronaldl73

Garmin 205

Postby ronaldl73 » Sun May 19, 2013 10:49 am

Hi,

I am currently using Garmin 205, where can i get the latest update? i have download the Malfree 201310_205 from Garmin Website after it redirect me. run i run the setup. it asked for the key. After install, i get the message "No detailed maps found that support routing" the nuvi cannot be used without them.

Anyone can help.

Regards

chinwy
Regional Mapper

Re: Garmin 205

Postby chinwy » Sun May 19, 2013 4:53 pm

Before you brick your GPS.. it has a very small memory onboard... as a rule of thumb... only install into SD cards. Make a backup first before you do anything.

From what I know, no key are required.. YOu may have downloaded the wrong software or miss a step. Best you start from the beginning again. And remember - do not install direct into your GPS or you will be in serous trouble. You will get the message insufficient memory and you will also have deleted (automatically) your original maps.

jiang Qiang

Postby jiang Qiang » Mon May 20, 2013 4:37 pm

Could you show me where can download free 201310-205 from Garmin web. Is it free to update?thanks

chinwy
Regional Mapper

Postby chinwy » Mon May 20, 2013 8:50 pm

That is why you have key problems... Only work for local sold (inc Sg) sets.. You are downloading from the wrong place..

Try this link viewtopic.php?f=46&t=8442

ronaldl73

Postby ronaldl73 » Fri May 24, 2013 3:09 pm

Hi,

I think my Garmin is corrupted. i manage to download the MFM-Garmin-130520 and copy only the gmapsupp into it. now my message is ' unable to unlock maps'

Anyone know everything. oh yeah. My Garmin don't have SD, so i copy it direct into the memory.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Fri May 24, 2013 8:44 pm

ronaldl73 wrote:Hi,

I think my Garmin is corrupted. i manage to download the MFM-Garmin-130520 and copy only the gmapsupp into it. now my message is ' unable to unlock maps'

Anyone know everything. oh yeah. My Garmin don't have SD, so i copy it direct into the memory.

Our maps are not locked so that message indicates some other map is causing that error to show up. You might have more than one map active. Do. Print screen of nuvi/ garmin and post here and we see what files your have

Bro chinwy gave you good advise NOT too install into main memory. SD card is cheap vs bricking your Nuvi.

Return to “Newbie Lounge”