Queries about junction view, lane assist

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
exz8
Polygon Mapper

Queries about junction view, lane assist

Postby exz8 » Wed May 14, 2014 8:33 pm

Hi,

Do I need Garmin NT for viewing junction view, lane assist?

eddy_duyung
Contributor
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Re: Queries about junction view, lane assist

Postby eddy_duyung » Wed May 14, 2014 11:31 pm

Answer is " YES " bro..
Garmin City Navigator ( CN ) is required to use this functions of Junctions View ( JV ) and Lane Assist ( LA ),this map is provided Free Of Charge ( F.O.C ) by Garmin in their website,here in Malaysia,we are refered to Garmin.sg website for any map updates,but the unit must have " Lifetime Map " (LM) code to make sure continuosly update of map for life,example Garmin Nuvi 2465LM...without thats LM code,it will bring a trouble to update the map.
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465

exz8
Polygon Mapper

Postby exz8 » Wed May 14, 2014 11:40 pm

Cool. Perfect answer.

2. Does Malfreemaps maps has a .jvc file? Which mean junction view working on Malfreemaps non NT map (GPS mapper - the weekly update)

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Thu May 15, 2014 10:34 am

exz8 wrote:Cool. Perfect answer.

2. Does Malfreemaps maps has a .jvc file? Which mean junction view working on Malfreemaps non NT map (GPS mapper - the weekly update)

Yes. You can download it from www.garmin.com.sg
Though map is free, please take note that your set has to be a localized unit else it will not work :-'

The CGS Mapper compiled map available from this site does not support JCV / LA

eddy_duyung
Contributor
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Postby eddy_duyung » Thu May 15, 2014 9:59 pm

Agreed with Silverbeauty,
MFM community gave Garmin a lesson,after long long time struggle tracking and making a map,garmin give up and approved MFM maps to be an official maps for Malaysia / Sg / Brunei..without MFM ,i think we will need to buy the map or update it...our country might small in size,but our community is big in cooperations,so give your hand to keep our MFM alive forever.Small tracklog,big impact.TQ
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465

exz8
Polygon Mapper

Postby exz8 » Thu May 15, 2014 11:26 pm

Thank you very much.
Two queries cleared by two sifu's. Wanna move this thread to Library?

gpsnerd
Contributor

Postby gpsnerd » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:12 pm

eddy_duyung wrote:Answer is " YES " bro..
Garmin City Navigator ( CN ) is required to use this functions of Junctions View ( JV ) and Lane Assist ( LA ),this map is provided Free Of Charge ( F.O.C ) by Garmin in their website,here in Malaysia,we are refered to Garmin.sg website for any map updates,but the unit must have " Lifetime Map " (LM) code to make sure continuosly update of map for life,example Garmin Nuvi 2465LM...without thats LM code,it will bring a trouble to update the map.

Sorry to dig this up

Seems LM doesn’t guarantee u a yearly map update from Garmin
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W, 4592 LM

eddy_duyung
Contributor

Postby eddy_duyung » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:12 pm

gpsnerd wrote:

Sorry to dig this up

Yess,205 and 255 long time ago was abandoned by Garmin,its Historic model,i stll got 3 unit of them,and still work till today,nevermind with that juncions view,this MFM maps is much update in the world i think...thx for all contributor who's kept upload a tracklog till today,MFM still alive,i've been here about 14 years around.Our admin also much older i think..Thx for all

gpsnerd
Contributor

Postby gpsnerd » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:35 pm

eddy_duyung wrote:
gpsnerd wrote:

Sorry to dig this up

Yess,205 and 255 long time ago was abandoned by Garmin,its Historic model,i stll got 3 unit of them,and still work till today,nevermind with that juncions view,this MFM maps is much update in the world i think...thx for all contributor who's kept upload a tracklog till today,MFM still alive,i've been here about 14 years around.Our admin also much older i think..Thx for all

I’m trying some local LM sets
Map update is year 2019

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User of 205 / 205W

gpsnerd
Contributor

Postby gpsnerd » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:52 pm

gpsnerd wrote:

Sorry to dig this up

Garmin short changed us on LM updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User of 205 / 205W

Return to “Newbie Lounge”