Some contribution question

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
kiankhoon

Some contribution question

Postby kiankhoon » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:40 pm

Hi, I'm new to GPS and would like to contribute to this community, I have been reading a few days in MFM and Malsing website, was managed to install mapsource and GPSMapEdit with MFM maps, but still have the question below:

1) What is the best tracking tools for windows mobile/pda to use? I'm using Garmin Mobile XT, but I read somewhere said it is not good enough for tracking.

2) Can we track google earth and contribute here? I'm asking this because the quotes below confuse me:

antyong wrote:MFM is proud of its original work. We DO NOT accept data copied from other sources and take a very serious view against members who submit data that is not originally his/hers or data which is copied from other source.

And I would like to take this opportunity to thanks all the members here who have been contributed and contributing to this community, the map are awesome! Keep up the good works and let's make it better!
KK Tan Photography - www.kkpix.com

rohimplc
Polygon Mapper

Re: Some contribution question

Postby rohimplc » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:10 am

kiankhoon wrote:Hi, I'm new to GPS and would like to contribute to this community, I have been reading a few days in MFM and Malsing website, was managed to install mapsource and GPSMapEdit with MFM maps, but still have the question below:

1) What is the best tracking tools for windows mobile/pda to use? I'm using Garmin Mobile XT, but I read somewhere said it is not good enough for tracking.
U can try GPSProxy, it's free. http://www.malsingmaps.com/wiki/index.p ... _receiver..
or u can use nRoute to tracking 1 sec (syncronise your GPSr with Laptop)... so clearly to see all road near your tracking, have road or not yet..
:thumbsup:

2) Can we track google earth and contribute here? I'm asking this because the quotes below confuse me:
antyong wrote:MFM is proud of its original work. We DO NOT accept data copied from other sources and take a very serious view against members who submit data that is not originally his/hers or data which is copied from other source.

that mean somebody cannot copy track or POI from other forum & contributed here. what i understand le...... must your original data... :-'

And I would like to take this opportunity to thanks all the members here who have been contributed and contributing to this community, the map are awesome! Keep up the good works and let's make it better!

try your best & gud luck... :welcome:
nomoresesat

norwadi

Postby norwadi » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:38 pm

kiankhoon wrote:2) Can we track google earth and contribute here? I'm asking this because the quotes below confuse me:

Just beware because Google Earth has offset.

kiankhoon

Postby kiankhoon » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:52 pm

Thank you for the reply rohimplc and norwadi, I will try GPSProxy. :tq:
KK Tan Photography - www.kkpix.com

carboncopy

Postby carboncopy » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:16 am

Ok, I have been using malsingmaps and have been contributing there.

There should be no problem for me to post both my contributions at malsimaps and here right?

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:49 am

carboncopy wrote:Ok, I have been using malsingmaps and have been contributing there.

There should be no problem for me to post both my contributions at malsimaps and here right?

:welcome: Bro carboncopy :welcome: to malfreemaps.

Everyone is welcome to contribute to this community. :thumbsup:

kwokwah10

Postby kwokwah10 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:34 am

norwadi wrote:
kiankhoon wrote:2) Can we track google earth and contribute here? I'm asking this because the quotes below confuse me:

Just beware because Google Earth has offset.

Can someone explain more about these "offsets"? How can it be avoided/corrected? How do these come about?
Nuvi 760 User

vash_h

Postby vash_h » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:04 am

carboncopy wrote:Ok, I have been using malsingmaps and have been contributing there.

u can contribute both sides..
<-My Blog: HaroldChia.com->
<-MFM MAPS + Garmin Nuvi 50LM + Papago Z1 + Garmin Nuvi 205w + Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 ->

FauSham
Location: Kelantan [Legend Cx / Nuvi 200(Damage) / Nuvi 760 / Nuvi 265W(New)]

Postby FauSham » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:46 am

U can contribute or carbon copy YOUR CONTRIBUTION to both side BUT.... don't copy or carbon copy NOT your really own track or POI (ie:other member's track or POI) from/to MFM or MSM.
...and I think this SIFU's notice will xplain better :D
FauSham @ Malaysia & Singapore Free Maps - MalFreeMaps
AMATEUR RADIO CALLSIGN: 9W2WFN

carboncopy

Postby carboncopy » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:35 am

cool,

I'll carbon copy all my contributions here.

Its gonna be dizzying trying to keep track of both maps using one GPS device. I guess the work will have to be done on the computer.

But sometimes I will switch to Gold Standard only when I know its needed. Oh well.

Return to “Newbie Lounge”