make own maps

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
nikridhwan

make own maps

Postby nikridhwan » Thu May 19, 2011 2:01 pm

hi.. i just wanna ask.. what software shall i use to edit the maps?? as there are some roads that are on my track and i want to place them on the maps.. what is the software called?

Inggo
Contributor
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED

Re: make own maps

Postby Inggo » Thu May 19, 2011 2:10 pm

extrack your track with nutrak (garmin), bin2gps (papago)
edit your gpx tracks with mapsource, convert to gdb and send back to your gps.
or edit with mapedit and compile with cgpsmaper to got your "own map".
...maybe the -m'force'm- will be with you, always.. :peace:
:mrgreen: Skywalker

Inggo
Contributor
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED

Postby Inggo » Thu May 19, 2011 2:16 pm

but, if you want to contribute to mfm,
it's more easyly to you to get "new release map", someone would drawing map for you.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5970
viewtopic.php?p=144514#p144514

so, you just send your track (in gdb format) to this related forum project
viewforum.php?f=17
...maybe the -m'force'm- will be with you, always.. :peace:
:mrgreen: Skywalker

albertteh

Postby albertteh » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:28 pm

Inggo wrote:but, if you want to contribute to mfm,
it's more easyly to you to get "new release map", someone would drawing map for you.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5970

viewforum.php?f=17

Most of mfm members surely wil support mfm. Eg; like me, i use mfm map instead of msm map-which their map re lot more simple, jz copy n paste. But, it wil be great too, if we re to ve our own custom map. Least, we can correct the map to sue our own need. I think, mfm sld delete al the unimportant stuffs frm their map n pays more attention to their routing problems st. Al the best MFM, wil always support MFM.

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:02 pm

albertteh wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5970

viewforum.php?f=17

Most of mfm members surely wil support mfm. Eg; like me, i use mfm map instead of msm map-which their map re lot more simple, jz copy n paste. But, it wil be great too, if we re to ve our own custom map. Least, we can correct the map to sue our own need. I think, mfm sld delete al the unimportant stuffs frm their map n pays more attention to their routing problems st. Al the best MFM, wil always support MFM.

We would like to know what are the unimportant stuffs?
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

zuree
Valued Contributor

Postby zuree » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:37 am

alyem wrote:
albertteh wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5970

viewforum.php?f=17

poi icon?, custom poi alert? all important for us.. :mrgreen:

user66

Postby user66 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:19 pm

nikridhwan wrote:hi.. i just wanna ask.. what software shall i use to edit the maps?? as there are some roads that are on my track and i want to place them on the maps.. what is the software called?

drop by the other malaysia community map forum..its well documented there

ss173b

Postby ss173b » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:44 pm

nikridhwan wrote:hi.. i just wanna ask.. what software shall i use to edit the maps?? as there are some roads that are on my track and i want to place them on the maps.. what is the software called?

I would suggest using GPS Mapedit (Shareware) for most of the mapping for Garmin and Use CGPSMAPPER (Free version) to experiment with your tracks.

You will find it fun and very enjoyable.

Cheers,

Kelvin.

albertteh

Postby albertteh » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:20 pm

alyem wrote:
albertteh wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5970

viewforum.php?f=17

Eg; like an ordinary kopitiam or bak kut teh - we dont need such an information. I think more than one mapper who was adding it into the map. Cos, some may ve shown up triple at search. I suggest mfm can divide their mapper. Eg; each mapper wil only cover 100km radius from their places.

Return to “Newbie Lounge”