Proper way of moving maps to SD card

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Re: Proper way of moving maps to SD card

Postby moeyhc » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:34 pm

Thank you Bro Jason for your frank input on our Thirst index.... :mrgreen:

Per my experience.... a GG on a Friday evening is best.... and the worst is to have it during long weekend...
Common Sense Is Not Common.

G K Lai

Postby G K Lai » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:06 pm

JasonLee wrote:Hi Bro G K Lai,
Good that you do not have problem of more than 1 map checked by default on start-up but that is designed to happen. Each time you update a map, it will by default be checked so after each map update, you have to review MyMaps and uncheck the maps you don't intend to use.

The longer we have to wait for a GG, both Bro Moey and I will get more thirsty. :D

Actually I haven't do the data migration from device to SD yet. Currently only have 2GB card, I want to buy a 4GB card then only start moving the data, so no need to moving and moving again.

If we really made it, then this could be the smallest GG (3 persons :lol: ) in MfM history?
Last night I thought of Sungai Pinang Food Court, there got Wi-Fi, got clean toilet, got kopi and beers, got ikan bakar, satay etc... =P~

By the way, I still don't know what is GG... Grand Gathering? Golden Gathering? Guys (or gays :mrgreen: ) Gathering? :-k

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:58 pm

G K Lai wrote:
By the way, I still don't know what is GG... Grand Gathering? Golden Gathering? Guys (or gays :mrgreen: ) Gathering? :-k

GG : Group Gathering
GG : Geeks Gathering
GG : GPS Gathering

and more ... what every you call ... it is the same ... a gathering for makan and talk anything under the sky :thumbsup:

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:16 pm

G K Lai wrote:
JasonLee wrote:Hi Bro G K Lai,
Good that you do not have problem of more than 1 map checked by default on start-up but that is designed to happen. Each time you update a map, it will by default be checked so after each map update, you have to review MyMaps and uncheck the maps you don't intend to use.

The longer we have to wait for a GG, both Bro Moey and I will get more thirsty. :D

Actually I haven't do the data migration from device to SD yet. Currently only have 2GB card, I want to buy a 4GB card then only start moving the data, so no need to moving and moving again.

If we really made it, then this could be the smallest GG (3 persons :lol: ) in MfM history?
Last night I thought of Sungai Pinang Food Court, there got Wi-Fi, got clean toilet, got kopi and beers, got ikan bakar, satay etc... =P~

Sg Pinang Food Court is a good place (for food anyway) and it is the only food court that I know of that has air-conditioned toilets.

Please suggest the date and time.

Don't worry, it will not be just the 3 of us for sure (especially if you are hosting). =P~
Lean not on your own understanding

G K Lai

Postby G K Lai » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:10 am

JasonLee wrote:Sg Pinang Food Court is a good place (for food anyway) and it is the only food court that I know of that has air-conditioned toilets.
Don't worry, it will not be just the 3 of us for sure (especially if you are hosting). =P~

I don't know MfM GG usually held in weekends or weekdays? Day or night? Just follow the tradition loh... :thumbsup:
silverbeauty, do you have any plan to visit Penang in the near future? Really wish you could attend and we can wait. :peace:
Nope, I'm not the "leader" type, I'm inexperience to host a gathering, better leave this to other veterans! :-' :mrgreen:

moeyhc
Valued Contributor

Postby moeyhc » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:43 am

There goes my Beer.... #-o

singawon
Valued Contributor

Postby singawon » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:02 am

moeyhc wrote:There goes my Beer.... #-o

:lol: don't worry, bro moneyhc, bro silverbeauty will fly over for his beers... :mrgreen:
诸恶莫作 众善奉行 自净其意 是诸佛教

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:04 am

G K Lai wrote:
JasonLee wrote:Sg Pinang Food Court is a good place (for food anyway) and it is the only food court that I know of that has air-conditioned toilets.

I don't know MfM GG usually held in weekends or weekdays? Day or night? Just follow the tradition loh... :thumbsup:
silverbeauty, do you have any plan to visit Penang in the near future? Really wish you could attend and we can wait. :peace:
Nope, I'm not the "leader" type, I'm inexperience to host a gathering, better leave this to other veterans! :-' :mrgreen:

Bro GKLai, nothing to be shy about organizing a GG. I was once like you, a newbie, greenhorn. First GG I attended got scared when saw so many people. Then organized one and surprise by large turnout. Host only need to find place, announce and then sit back and wait for the crowd to turnout. Nothing else. It is not like a formal dinner or wedding la ... this is a very informal and an excuse to get out of house and to expand your network of friends

I will announce when I am next to Penang which is one of my favorite haunts for makan, beer and friends gathering :thumbsup:

moeyhc
Valued Contributor

Postby moeyhc » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:59 pm

The best date seems to be 20th July (Fri).. any other suggestions?

getting thirsty now.... just by thinking of it... please hurry.... =P~

Bro SB... are you flying over as suggested?... :mrgreen:

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:03 pm

moeyhc wrote:The best date seems to be 20th July (Fri).. any other suggestions?

getting thirsty now.... just by thinking of it... please hurry.... =P~

Bro SB... are you flying over as suggested?... :mrgreen:

Not making any personal trips until school exams are over ... stress ... :ko:

Return to “Newbie Lounge”