How to update built-in automobile gps?

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
jovialjo

How to update built-in automobile gps?

Postby jovialjo » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:10 am

Hi to all moderators and senior members,

Do anyone know how to update Toyota corrola altis built-in garmin map? I tried to replace it with latest MFM gmapsupp.img but the device is not recognizing the map. May i know is there anyway to update it?
Secondly, I did download the Garmin NT map from here and i do not have the serial number of the device for generating the unlock code. So, may i know how to get the unlock code if i cant find the serial number of the device as the device is fixed in the car.

Thanks for help and info.

tympg
Senior Mapper

Re: How to update built-in automobile gps?

Postby tympg » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:24 am

You can try this unlocked one:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=8442
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:38 am

jovialjo wrote:Hi to all moderators and senior members,

Do anyone know how to update Toyota corrola altis built-in garmin map? I tried to replace it with latest MFM gmapsupp.img but the device is not recognizing the map. May i know is there anyway to update it?
Secondly, I did download the Garmin NT map from here and i do not have the serial number of the device for generating the unlock code. So, may i know how to get the unlock code if i cant find the serial number of the device as the device is fixed in the car.

Thanks for help and info.

Download the map as advised by bro tympg.
Run the installer to generate map file gmapsupp.img

Read these links for some advise

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13837&hilit=toyota

jovialjo

Postby jovialjo » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am

thx for reply and advise but the result still is the same. I try to replace it with the MFM map downloaded but the map is still unavailable in garmin. The car is toyota corolla altis.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:48 am

jovialjo wrote:thx for reply and advise but the result still is the same. I try to replace it with the MFM map downloaded but the map is still unavailable in garmin. The car is toyota corolla altis.

Is yours original equipment as provided by Toyota or distributor installed version ?

You will need to identify the maker of the ICE unit ?

Is it using Garmin ?

Best to call company or person who sold you the car for details.

jovialjo

Postby jovialjo » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:55 am

silverbeauty wrote:
jovialjo wrote:thx for reply and advise but the result still is the same. I try to replace it with the MFM map downloaded but the map is still unavailable in garmin. The car is toyota corolla altis.

Is yours original equipment as provided by Toyota or distributor installed version ?

You will need to identify the maker of the ICE unit ?

Is it using Garmin ?

Best to call company or person who sold you the car for details.

Yes. Its from umw toyota. It is using garmin and the detailed map is malsing map.

eddy_duyung
Contributor
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Postby eddy_duyung » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:07 pm

This is the hard part of updating the maps to built in GPS devices...for me..i still comfort with Garmin Nuvi thats not attached with built in
touch screen devices...hard to do anything there..
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465

jovialjo

Postby jovialjo » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:37 pm

i try to update the map inside the SD card but the device cant detect the map which i downloaded from malfreemap..

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:36 am

jovialjo wrote:i try to update the map inside the SD card but the device cant detect the map which i downloaded from malfreemap..

Post screen shot of contents of original SD card /garmin directory

Let us know what you did and which file you replace in SD card

Return to “Newbie Lounge”