Advance warn alert distance

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
sobamy
Polygon Mapper

Re: Advance warn alert distance

Postby sobamy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:21 am

Please see below.
I think Tapatalk went bonkers... :mrgreen:

Sent from my i9500 using Tapatalk
Last edited by sobamy on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

sobamy
Polygon Mapper

Postby sobamy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:27 am

Pssst.... TST la Bro... haha... actually, if required, I can instal one alert point at 1km and another point at 500m on certain stretch by reducing the radius say to 50m or 100m. However, a speeding car's GPS (depending on the model) may miss or may not capture the alert in time... At radius of 500m, one is sure to get the alert if over-speeding.... :mrgreen:

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:11 pm

Just when you're sure to catch the speed cam this will certainly cool you down... :mrgreen:

The TruCAM captures high resolution pictures that show the vehicle make and model, license plate number of speeding vehicles and is capable of doing so from a maximum distance of 1,200 meters(4,000 ft), and can clock speeders traveling as fast as 320kmh (200mph)..

This is what the police use to catch YOU!... :mrgreen:

See the technical details of the TruCAM Here. :x

How ah?... set to 1.5km OK?.... :lol: :lol: :lol: it won't end... I'm sticking to my auto cruise...
Common Sense Is Not Common.

sobamy
Polygon Mapper

Postby sobamy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:23 pm

You have a point there la bro... maybe wait for more feedbacks from members before considering a single 1.5km radius trigger... (at the expense of neighbouring roads....) :roll:

Sent from my i9500 using Tapatalk

ace
Valued Contributor

Postby ace » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:50 pm

The roads don't belong to one person.

There are other road users too... Some are new drivers. Some are old drivers with slower reflexes. Some are visitors unfamiliar with the roads..

Majority of the road users at any particular point on the roads are just going from Point A to Point B.

Speeding drivers disrupt other drivers concentration. And sudden maneuvers by speeding drivers create situation where different drivers will react differently due to their different abilities.... wrong mixtures with wrong moves lead to accidents.

Lastly, speeders are minority. The main assumption held by speeders is "It will not happen to them". Maybe they can asked the recently late Paul Walker for his opinion.

Long distance driving is boring, whether you are speeding or just following the speed limit. It is however not a reason to be use to change parameters to suit a particular person's propensity to break the rules.

Even I like to speed but common sense prevail that I should not make it a given right.

The alert stays where it is. It is a good distance for most users. Speeders should find other ways to alert them. Official alert is a summon ticket and hole in the pocket. :mrgreen:

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:45 pm

The 500m warning is good... not necessary to expand the radius that can cause problem to other road users. Selective adjustment to this parameter is time consuming and tedious... Your time is better spend with your family.

Bro Ace, The most dangerous drivers on a highway are Slow Drivers.... traffic catching them will have to pull to the fast lane to overtake because it is difficult to judge our approaching speed to the vehicle in front. Imagine driving at 110km/h and approaching a vehicle going at 70km/h... @#$%. They are the one of the major cause of "sudden maneuvers"... :mrgreen: We should have a minimum speed limit too.
Common Sense Is Not Common.

aikliang
Contributor

Postby aikliang » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:22 pm

use both GPS and Waze.... waze have save me a few summons already.......
It is not the mountain that we conquer but ourselves - Edmund Hilary

terios

Postby terios » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:22 pm

Dear bro,
POI in the GPS is to location Place of Interest :thumbsup:
I still cannot understand why so many bro put so much effort, contribute and share the Speed Trap & Camera Alert location.
Speed Trap & Camera Alert in the GPS? Is for what? :ko:

Return to “Newbie Lounge”