Can we have two maps from mfm and msm in my Garmin 205?

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
tresca

Re: Can we have two maps from mfm and msm in my Garmin 205?

Postby tresca » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:24 pm

Hi all, newbie here, glad to know this site and member here.

I have mapsource in my PC and had installed the mfmv1.43, it generate the gmapsupp.img file. however when i copy it to my SD card and insert in my GPS unit, it didnt appear the map, only POI. i check on the map info, i had "uncheck" the msm map, with the "check" on mfm. I still cant find a solution on this :ko: . Hope all masters can give me a hand and advise me what to do with my toy. :prayer:

TQ

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:36 pm

tresca wrote:Hi all, newbie here, glad to know this site and member here.

I have mapsource in my PC and had installed the mfmv1.43, it generate the gmapsupp.img file. however when i copy it to my SD card and insert in my GPS unit, it didnt appear the map, only POI. i check on the map info, i had "uncheck" the msm map, with the "check" on mfm. I still cant find a solution on this :ko: . Hope all masters can give me a hand and advise me what to do with my toy. :prayer:

TQ

Bro tresca, did you copy it to SD /Garmin sub-directory :-k

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:46 pm

tresca wrote:Hi all, newbie here, glad to know this site and member here.

TQ

:welcome: Bro Tresca,

You may find your answer in the previous page. You cannot have the 2 maps available simultaneously in your GPS unless you change the map IDs.

The map that you place in your GPS internal memory has priority over the one in the SD card so the one in the internal memory will display properly but not the one in the SD card. The choice is yours.
Lean not on your own understanding

tresca

Postby tresca » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:23 pm

Bro tresca, did you copy it to SD /Garmin sub-directory :-k[/quote]

yes, i did

tresca

Postby tresca » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:26 pm

:welcome: Bro Tresca,

You may find your answer in the previous page. You cannot have the 2 maps available simultaneously in your GPS unless you change the map IDs.

The map that you place in your GPS internal memory has priority over the one in the SD card so the one in the internal memory will display properly but not the one in the SD card. The choice is yours.[/quote]

but i cant find the msm gmapsupp.img file in my internal memory ](*,) , appreciate master out there can give me a guide.

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:38 pm

If your GPS allows you to uncheck the MSM map, then it must be there - probably not named as gmapsupp.img but as gmapprom.img in your internal memory. Your SD card can only have one map in the \Garmin folder named as gmapsupp.img
Lean not on your own understanding

tresca

Postby tresca » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:07 pm

JasonLee wrote:If your GPS allows you to uncheck the MSM map, then it must be there - probably not named as gmapsupp.img but as gmapprom.img in your internal memory. Your SD card can only have one map in the \Garmin folder named as gmapsupp.img

will check on my toy again tonight. many thanks bro!

eagletay

Postby eagletay » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:38 pm

Hi, it seems that the link to GMAPTools is NLA.

Any other source?

2uk3y wrote:here is the STEPS HOW TO CHANGE MAP ID :peace:

tresca

Postby tresca » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:41 pm

About the gmaptool, i had download the file gmaptool040c, however, i cant find the change ID part. anyone can tell what i can do to change the ID of gmapsupp.img? TQ

attached is the pic

MOD, sorry for double post if any
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

2uk3y

Postby 2uk3y » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:48 pm

eagletay wrote:Hi, it seems that the link to GMAPTools is NLA.

Any other source?

try this ............ http://www.anpo.republika.pl/download.html

Return to “Newbie Lounge”