newbie needs help

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
wwk

newbie needs help

Postby wwk » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:51 pm

Hi, just acquired a Garmin Monterra, or shall I say just dumped on my lap by my boss who told me to learn it and then teach him :fire:
I am a newbie myself and not so tech savvy. How to start? I have just visited the GPS City website (http://www.gpscity.com). Quite useful but don't have the relevant info I want.
Please help!!

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Re: newbie needs help

Postby JasonLee » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:24 pm

wwk wrote:Hi, just acquired a Garmin Monterra, or shall I say just dumped on my lap by my boss who told me to learn it and then teach him :fire:
I am a newbie myself and not so tech savvy. How to start? I have just visited the GPS City website (http://www.gpscity.com). Quite useful but don't have the relevant info I want.
Please help!!

Download the Monterra Owners' manual from HERE acquaint yourself with it, then you can teach your boss how to use the device.
Last edited by JasonLee on Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lean not on your own understanding

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: newbie needs help

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:03 pm

As Bro JasonLee say, start off with the manual

Here is a review that spells out the features. Play with the GPS and you learn faster

It has a lot of features but you best start with basics and then later use the advance features ..

if you want to use it as a car GPS you will need the car kit which adds voice navigation.

Return to “Newbie Lounge”