Nuvi 2557LMT can't find the new map

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
muslimactuary

Nuvi 2557LMT can't find the new map

Postby muslimactuary » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:12 pm

Hi all,

I did the process mentioned on this site to upload the gmapsupp.img to the GPS, putting it in the garmin folder. Seems to work fine. I had a Nuvi 255 so followed the same process. I can see the file in the directory but I do not see the basic map that came with the GPS (I bought it in the US). Used it while over there so I am comfortable it is working. Would have thought it needs to be in the same folder as the gmapsupp.img. I can see a lot of space taken up already, but can't find any big files. When turning on the GPS I tried going to my maps but only the basic map is listed.

Any idea? Thanks so much!!!

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Nuvi 2557LMT can't find the new map

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:35 pm

muslimactuary wrote:Hi all,

I did the process mentioned on this site to upload the gmapsupp.img to the GPS, putting it in the garmin folder. Seems to work fine. I had a Nuvi 255 so followed the same process. I can see the file in the directory but I do not see the basic map that came with the GPS (I bought it in the US). Used it while over there so I am comfortable it is working. Would have thought it needs to be in the same folder as the gmapsupp.img. I can see a lot of space taken up already, but can't find any big files. When turning on the GPS I tried going to my maps but only the basic map is listed.

Any idea? Thanks so much!!!

"Normally" Garmin stores preloaded map into Main Memory/System/gmapprom.img
What does map info tells you? How may maps are shown in list ?

muslimactuary

Postby muslimactuary » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:15 am

The US map is fine. I used it while over there. Now I am back and I want to use the Malaysian map. In my old Nuvi I would just put it in the garmin folder and the Nuvi picks up the map under settings, but here with the 2557 I don't see the basic map and it does not pick up the Malaysian map. Ideas? Confusing...

treesmaker

Postby treesmaker » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:16 pm

Get a micro SD card and make this. Name your micro sd card as anything or Garmin

Root Directory: make Folder GARMIN- store your GMAPSUPP.IMG here
you store other maps here, Australia, New Zealand etc
Root Directory: make another folder-MAP - store your GMMP3D.IMG map here
Root Directory: make another folder -JCV - place your junction view maps here.

Insert your micro SD and your are good to go.

Caution: All new Garmin firmware will not allow you to use illegal downloaded map on your micro-sd card now

sobamy
Polygon Mapper

Postby sobamy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:38 pm

Bro treesmaker, I thought JCV Folder is supposed to be inside the GARMIN Folder and not in the Root Directory - no?
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

Return to “Newbie Lounge”