Can i upload custom POIs while using default garmin map

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
petrarchan

Can i upload custom POIs while using default garmin map

Postby petrarchan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:20 pm

i just gotten the 55LM yesterday.. first time GPS user

this model is pretty new in the market i suppose..

wanna try to load the POIs for speed camera and red light cam..

which should i use and how to upload? need SG version.. is it to locate my version for the garmin map inside and find a matching POI version?

I read the forums but it seems like i can only upload the custom mfm-garmin maps?

not possible to just upload the custom POIs like speed cam, sharp turns and red light cams only into my existing map?

Should i then use a micro sd instead of the 4gb memory on the device?

How should I go about finding for the certain custom POIs to upload in the device?

Return to “Newbie Lounge”